Atlas brake caliper

Looking for a brake caliper for an Atlas 5500 TL. An original would be great, but if anyone knows of a new one that will fit, let me know. It goes on the rear and uses the sprocket for the disc. The mounting holes are 1 5/8 inch apart.

Try calling Bob Fragoman upstate NY. 315-689-7047 or mbman@juno.com. I have bought many parts from him - He has been in the MB business since the 60's and has parts for just about any make of MB. Hope this helps.

james c

here is what you needhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAKE-CALIPER-GO-KART-MINI-BIKE-MINIBIKE-GOCART-PARTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2c1e150dQQitemZ400172127501QQptZGoQ5fKarts

I was looking at both of those earlier and the one for Rupp has 1 1/2 inch cc on mounting bolts, so I know it wont work. The other one doesnt say what the bolt centers are so I will have to ask and see what they say.

I am still stuck on finding a caliper. I contacted Bob Fragoman and he is not sure if the one he has will fit, which is 50 bucks. Thats a little too much for my budget and it may not fit in the mount. I was hoping someone else had already replaced one and knows what I need. Are these Atlas bikes rare and if so should I contact Pawn Stars.:laugh:

I have 3 or 4 if I can find them.. I JUST got one a week or two ago so that one should be at the top of the junk mountain.. :laugh: Mine are all from old 60's 70's riding mowers.. Most of the old minibikes and trikes and stuff just used whatever parts were already available so theres a very good chance they are similar parts.. I'm not sure what the original part is SUPPOSED to look like, but most of them are all about the same design.. What is your center to center, and basic mounting depth? I'll look and see what I can do for ya..

I found the latest caliper I've gotten right there where I left it.. :doah: Theres a few more buried in boxes of clutches and axles and whatnot go parts.... It looks like most typical old tractor ones are going to be the 1 5/8 bolt pattern. Thats what this one is... It's got all the parts minus brake pads.. They are laying there where this chunk was though I'm sure. I want to say they were worn pretty good though. I will look a little deeper tonight and see what I can find for good pads and get it all cleaned up and working good and stuff and make you a (best one to be had) setup, and send ya the whole working rig for like 20 bucks shipped though, if you're interested.:shrug:

I am interested if it will work. Looking at the pic, I am not sure it will. Unless I am looking at it wrong, shouldnt there be another part that holds the other puck. Also the sprocket on my bike is about 3/4 inch from where it mounts on the frame.

I got a couple pics of two different ones. They are both marked K&H 200m :shrug: on the front, and look about identical, but ya turn it side ways and you can see that one is a lot wider. and the disc would not line up in the same spot. One is more centered and the other is more off set.. the first one pictured is bolted tightly to the frame over the disc, and this other one has shoulders on the bolts that allows it to free float in the bolt holes.. I found two so far and they are both setup pretty stiff but they will probably break loose.. The one might be shot.. The nicer one has some damage to the outer brake disc but would still work and has quite a bit of meat... I will have to dig deeper and try and find some more pieces and parts.. "I'm thinking you'll need one of the thicker deeper calipers, floating might not be a bad idea either.. :shrug: I kinda like to know what all the stuff will work with too.. That way I can Evilbay the ones that will do some good.. :laugh:

[/IMG]

I am thinking the one on the right would work. As long as the distance from where it mounts to the frame and where the sprocket will be is around 3/4 inch. I also have about 7/8 inch between sprocket and tire. Also can the lever be moved to another position if need be and does it move either way to actuate the brake. The lever needs to be near the left bolt in the pic.

Last edited: