Auranthetic Charger Electic Bike

Found this for sale , about an hour away from me
The add has been posted for awhile , he is asking $500 for it , havn't called so not sure he even still has it lol wish I had some extra cash on hand lol

Itype2slo

I passed a goodyear service center in garden grove last week when I drove by I could see minibikes in the window I flipped around to check it out and they had a little bike museum next to the waiting room some hondas and Tiny indian minicycles and 3 of those aranthatics and they looked like they were good to go each one had 2 big ass interstate truck batteries in the engine plate area. I couldnt find anyone to talk to but I'd like to see how fast they can go with all that weight.

They had a simple electrical control, I saw a diagram once and thought it was low tech given there were electric vehicles for years before. More of an on-off deal than any real speed control, a solenoid setup rather than a potentiometer which made little sense to me.:shrug:

markus

they go 30mph. Rob the one problem with those is the dia of the electric motors they use (they used 2 different versions) does not really match with anything one the market as of today. So if the motor turns out to be fried you have to do some modifying of the cradle that it fits in.

The electric system is very crude, throttle goes to a simple of/on/on switch 12v slow speed, 24v high speed. If you do some searching around there is some info where guys that are all about electric power have done conversions to them with updated electrics and motors.

There used to be a forum for them, a guy in Mass has a ton of them and bought up a bunch of there parts from old dealers etc.. but it all sort of faded away. You can still find wiring schematics and manuals online for them though I believe.

The bikes themselves are basically modified gemini's and a lot of the parts transferred over even off some of the Toyoco and Puma bikes too.

I had one, bought another off here and had the seller in CA send me everything but the frame as his chrome was better than mine etc.. had Kenny restuff the seat etc... but ended up chickening out on building it :eek:hmy: Thats the only mini bike I ever lost money on:doah:

I havn't tried to contact the seller yet , it may be gone lol
I don't really have the money for it without selling something lol
But the more I look into it the more I like it and it is somewhat rare
Wonder how it got from Cali to Nova Scotia