Azusa bike

I have the opportunity to buy a completely restored 1970;Azusa mini bike with the original Briggs 3 hp motor
Asking price is 500.00, Is this a fair price?

Let's see some good photos of this "completely restored" bike and (especially) the "original" 3HP engine.
Michael
I’ll try to get some photos
It’s a 3 hp Briggs 1970 engine and frame, with band brake system, is it worth 500 in your opinion?
Frame has been completely stripped, and repainted, good welds, very clean

Didn’t realize it was stretched 12” by a professional motorcycle builder but everything else is beautiful, like new
Motor runs like a top . The bike builder restored the entire bike . I understood that these motors in this shape are very desirable?

Any info I could get from you would be great appreciated, Tom

I see very little on that bike that is original Azusa Engineering. It is much more of a "restoMOD" than a "complete restoration". If the recoil shroud, fuel tank and carb are any indication, no way that engine is from 1970- looks more like mid to late 1990s. I am sure others will chime in with their observations...
Michael

Last edited:
"Restored" means returned to original specifications and condition. I question how a kit bike could be restored, take it apart and strip the paint to return it to 'kit' form? The rear axle has been relocated, footpeg tube added... Not long ago, the Azusa frame and fork could be bought new for $135, I see the price has increased to $224. Being that the Azusa is quite common and still available new, I don't think the modifications hurt the value at all in this case, there's relatively little monetary value in an unmodified one. I think the modifications actually increase the value in this case. It's a cool bike for around the same price as an uncool new Coleman CC100X...

https://azusaparts.com/product-category/kits/minibike-kits/