Baja Doodle Bug

Hello everyone here on the forum, I'm Patrick and I have a question.
I recently bought a Baja Doodle Bug with a 97cc engine, I'm looking to sell it for as much as possible so I can upgrade to a new 212cc engine from harbor freight tools. I was wondering what are some other uses for the 97cc engine other than being on a Mini bike? Also, how much can I get for it? I did a basic maintenance check on it ( oil change, fresh gas, new spark plug), it started on the first pull. All information will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:scooter:

buckeye

You have a boat? :laugh:

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. Not much respect for those around these here parts. I think someone was using them on some type of bicycle or something.

@Buckeye: I don't have a boat anymore sold it a couple days ago, and I thought this might be am issue.:facepalm:

@Pit Bug: No thanks man.

But do you guys know what I could use this engine on, for example garden equipment, other than a boat?

JoshM

I use mine as a stool occasionally. I put mine on Craigslist about a month ago for $20. Not a single inquiry.

It can technically be used on anything that has a motor with a horizontal shaft.

Well if you don't have a boat, you can't make an anchor....as Buckeye was suggesting.:laugh:

I don't know what else it could be used on.

Only thing I could think of is if someone had a blown engine and needed a new one. Probably only worth $50-$75 ...if you could find that buyer.

I have seen a custom 12v generator made with one. The 2.8 hooked up to an alternator with a v-belt as a portable charging station... Thinking of making one myself.

I have two of those 2.8s taking up space in my garage....

I have to say that little 97cc one that was on my DB30 was thoroughly abused and besides changing oil it never had a problem. I took that thing off, cleaned it up and sold it on craigslist here for $40 bucks in a day. Put the 6.75 briggs on thereafter. :thumbsup:

Put on CL ask $75 OBO, you may get lucky. All the bad reviews on this engine knocks the price down, so not worth much. Some know how to make it run, but the low price is part of it's charm. :thumbsup: