Baja Doodlebug 2.8 Engine Linkage Issues

I just bought a Baja Doodlebug and after the second day the throttle seemed to stick closed, I worked it a bit and came loose however in the process the springs stretched on the kinkage and one popped off. I put it back on but now the smaller spring does'nt have enough force to close the arm attached to the black platic piece where the idele screw is. In other words it's wide open and odes'nt move no matter what position the throttle is in. It will move freely with your finger but won't return to it's original position. I relaed the spring at the store I bough it yesterday but again same problem. Any suggestions? It looks like if I got a piece of rod to run between it and the main linkage where the throttle cable runs so it will move back and forth would work, has anyone run into this issue and any suggestions to correct it. It ran great the first day, slow but the kids are samll and it's all they need power wise for the time being but this problem is really annoying.

Problem solved

I was having an issue with the linkage and springs on the throllte assembly, so I took the consisting springs off, went and took them to NAPA and got new ones, the proper length, stronger with more torque to pull the throttle open and it's corrected the problem. The bike now resets down to the proper idle and after adjusting the idle, backing down the governer screw it seems alot better and quite a bit quicker once you get rolling.