Baja doodlebug idle?

Hi, I finally got my doodlebug (97cc stock engine) working again but it will not idle with the choke off unless i have the idle set to where the bike is much like a car in that if you release the the brake then it moves under the power produced by the idle. My friends does not do this and i know that mine did not do this before it started having problems but now if i don't have the idle set high then when i turn off the choke it just dies. I don't mind having to hold the brake while i'm stopped but i don't want to blow my engine so is there any chance of the engine actually blowing? I am aware that stopping with the engine at higher rpm than normal is not good for the clutch but i oil it very regularly so that should not be a problem for awhile. So here is what i have changed on the bike: Spark plug, Oil(10w-40), and the Air filter gasket (all were changed today). I also have only used 92 octane in this engine. so if there are any serious issues with having the idle speed set so high please let me know. Thanks