Baja Doodlebug-New Tires now getting chain rub and brake rub

I got new turf savers for my Doodlebug 15" 6"-6. I got the rear one rimmed and installed. I now have the chain rubbing on the rear tire. I also can not access the valve stem. It seems there is more space on the brake side but if I reverse the rim the brake will no longer fit. Also the spacers for the axle are different sizes. One smaller and one larger. Which should go where?

The brake is also rubbing on the disc which i think i can fix with just 2 washers to give it more room.

What should I do here?

JS8Ps6w.jpg tire2.jpg tire3.jpg tire4.jpg

That won't work if I switch sides the brakes will rub the tire. Currently the brakes are further away from the wheel then the chain is.

2SlickNick

I have solved your issue....
I needed a tire change, so I too decided to use one of my 15x6-6 turf saver tires. The tire looks great on it, but yes there is a clearance issue with caliper rubbing the tire.
I went to the hardware store and bought 18 small flat 6mm washers. I then shimmed the brake rotor with 3 washers betwen each hole ( washers between rim and rotor ). Works like a charm and gives me now 1/2" - 3/4" clearance between caliper and tires.

I really like the way the turf saver tire performs and the added height increases my top end performance. with the 53T axle sprocket and doesn't hurt my low end power since I have a TC. It will still do wheelies.

This fixed my problem hope it helps some of you out.

Edit: looking at your pics again: once you add the 3 washers to your rotor - you might have to mount YOUR caliper on outside of bracket instead inside.

Also if you go with a smaller axle sprocket (lower tooth count ) that will bring you chain down from the crest of the tire to more on the sidewall - where you should have clearance.

Last edited: