baja larger mini bike

hi all, really cool forum. Just got back from pep boys and they had a mini bike that almost looks like a little motorcycle. think its 5.5 hp. Can anyone tell me if this thing is any good, or is it junk? im buying for myself. im 40 yrs old 5'11 230lbs. Will this move me along at a decent speed? how fast? Im primarily just gonna run it around the subdivision. Any advice would be great. thankyou!! the brand of it is baja

Last edited:
I recommend finding a vintage mini. You can find larger "adult" mini bikes that are more comfortable to ride, and an old mini bike can actually be a pretty good investment. As long as there is no crash damage, or re-welds, you won't lose. I imagine any bike that's new comes from China, and will be worthless in a few years (these bikes are disposable, with no replacement parts available).

That's my opinion.

check craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums and search for "mini bike" in the for sale section in your area. start looking at vintage bikes. i have nothing against the Baja bikes but would much rather go with a vintage frame. if you're patient, you should be able to find a nice runner for less than a new mini.

put your location in your profile. it can help a lot with posts like this. click on "user cp" at the top left and then "edit profile" (or something close) and you can put in your location. there are a lot of CL whores on here and we could recommend some to check out if you're local to us. most of the regular users on here are always on the lookout for deals on CL. if we can't afford it or don't have space, it's great if another member gets it.

Last edited:

george3

how much are them at pep girls? If you live in Ca. I see them sell in the 200.00 range all the time. craigslist mini bikes catagory just type in mini bikes. oldies but goodies are the best like diamonds in the ruff sometimes, but good old american quality.

I recommend finding a vintage mini. You can find larger "adult" mini bikes that are more comfortable to ride, and an old mini bike can actually be a pretty good investment. As long as there is no crash damage, or re-welds, you won't lose. I imagine any bike that's new comes from China, and will be worthless in a few years (these bikes are disposable, with no replacement parts available).

That's my opinion.
Just to correct an error,parts are easily available at baja motorsport,some parts come as assembly or individual parts.My bike has been transform with no chinese parts except the frame.fenders,rims and this is a fun bike but you need to install a tav for heavy riders,it will double speed and torque.Disposable,give me a break...

baja or vintage mini?

i myself would love a bronc or rupp , but the prices for a decent roller wow!!!!!!!!!!!! no matter how much hating on baja you cant beat them, the baja heat,warrior or mb165 what ever you call it cant be beat. the frames are made from1" inch tubing ,front shock forks and i was on another website where they are putting rear swingarms on them,full suspension sweet, these bikes can actually grow with the owner seeing that they are so cheap and mods are readily available .from places l ike AGK. im trying to say each his own but ,since there are so many baja haters they need to get together and sell bikes made with quality parts and 5hp or better for under $500 until then stop hateing and do something about it!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I thought I was on OLDMINIBIKES.com. I must have accidentally typed in HOWISOLDMYCHILDRENDOWNTHERIVERASIBOUGHTJUSTALITTLEMORECRAPFROMCHINA.com

there,s a difference between vintage mini,s and the stuff that comes from china , mainly quality ,there is none ,the cables ,throttles ,the tires , the motor , most prefer stuff made in america , engines ,good quality 50 year old motors available , and still running , with easy to find parts ,at reasonable prices , tecumseh briggs and strattion the best in the world . that garbage from china take it off throw it away and buy anouther harbour freight its a cheap fix:thumbsup:

To each their own,I don't bad mouth vintage(I have classic bikes too)lifes to short to waste my time.I also mod bikes as well and this 1(baja)was fun to play with during the cold winter months and a blast in the summer,so for those that are Jealous ,keep ranting...:thumbsup: