george3

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• I am just about to start a rebuild /restore of a 66 Taco 44 - new to the scene and just wanted to find out what the most common practice is - powder coat or paint and who is available in the area (I'm in Whittier). I will need to replace the chains, jackshafts, and sprockets - is there anything unusual on the Taco or will the Azusa Engineering kit come with all parts for the jackshaft and order each sprocket individually. Do you have any advice on frozen front forks to free them.
    I am planning on ordering parts later this week. I have looked around for information, but specific details are usually not listed, I did not own a mini bike as a kid but want to restore this one for my kids.
    Thanks
    being a real pain on getting front wheel correct... I had axle bushings made to fit 12mm new axle ( trying to find that length of axle ughh) now when slipped into forks axle does not want to go straight into other bushing I guess do to mini bike not made 100% straight. so Axle bushing will have to be a little bit more loose about .010 more on clearance.. but over all just a slow process
    I'm going slow on the Nova project (holidays coming up). My main goal is to keep the bike period looking.. But this machine will be street legal with a lot of items used from the Mini Trail50 ( wheels mostly..better brakes. It will look very good when finished)
    Jess
    Hi, I have not done much in the last week working 2 jobs is enough. Would you be kind enough to see is you have a Honda Mini trail wheels around? I would much rather keep $$ local than to Flea-Bay. I'm really up in the air on rear shocks keep alum. parts glass beaded or polish them
    Jess
    Hi,
    I have been doing a LOT of cleaning on the Nova (Chrome parts). I have a new heat shield ordered and going to re-weld nuts so it looks in a more correct position and neater. It was a bitch getting swing arm off I had to cut weld loose from bolt head that Nova put on (nut is welded to frame also) going to change that with setup that uses a cotter key with the castle nut. swing arm is sandblasted .motor is out of frame. Springs on rear shocks almost look chrome now. rear brake shoes have Nova stamped in alm. part of shoe and well as casting for brake backing plate.
    Just a slow go here,
    Jess
    Hi,
    I have photo's in my album but I'm lost at how to get them to my thread
    Can you help? maybe I will let you log into my account and then you can do it
    Jess
    I see your post on the nova mini bike "ruff rider" Do you have one? I'm looking to buy one of those if I can find one. I had one when I was a kid
    Jesse 805 206-5451
    Hey george check out the video in our super powell thread did testing yesterday and today bike is strong .
    hey i was wondering if you endedup selling ur billet gx200 flywheel and arc rod and flat top piston if not what canu do for a package deal? And what would shipping be to ontario canada l4n9b8
    Hey got them off . you ought to see the slight grove cut in my side plate . Had to be a dumb hahahaha to do that . Jesse's (H) didn't get run much so wasn't bad . Also thinking his motor doesn't have much run time .
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…