baja MB200 tav jerks on take off help!

i had an old mid to late 90s jr dragster laying around the house and it had a tav on it and my step dad and i put it on my MB200 its super awesome ran great 2 weeks started it today to ride and go ride my practice track ride it for 10 mins then i shut it off to get a drink of water and then i start it back up and start to take off and it was like if you have a hand clutch on a bike or quad and you pull you loose your power it was like that kind of a feeling and it would only do it until i got to a faster speed then it wouldent do it any more any body else have this problem? thanks

MikeBear

"Brand new" from mid to late '90's?

That's a LONG time ago. I suggest you buy a new belt. These typically need replacing at a maximum of every other year. Doesn't cost all that much, and easy to try. Just don't buy a PIX brand belt.

haha as soon as you said how old is the belt I knew someone was going to :laugh: at my response haha thanks guys where do you usually get your belts? ebay or what and thanks again I will try to post some pics of my bike when I get a chance

MikeBear

I get mine from my local TSC store. But Ebay can work fine.

Just make sure you get the correct one for your exact model TAV. They are NOT all the same.

ok thanks I will probly have better luck going to TSC haha not a big internet shopper but some parts are only available over the interweb so I guess I will have to get used to it haha thanks again guys :thumbsup: