Baja Motorsports Doodle Bug

Ok so far i've ben seriously looking at buying a doodle bug minibike. The only place i can seem to find them being sold is Pepboys here in bright and shiny (Freaking 117F outside) Arizona for 299$. Thats A bit of a strench for me. So i was wondering if anyone could shed there wisdom on where they bought there doodle bug, know where to buy some, or have any good websites. Thanks!

Tomas

There used to be a CL ad in AZ. area where they were selling dinged and scratched Dbs real cheap.Last time I saw the ad they were parting them out maybe two months ago.

Got mine.. (I mean my Daughters :wink: ) DB from Checker Auto here in AZ when they were on sale for $169.00.. :thumbsup: At that price the wife only rolled her eyes a little..

I know the HarborFreight on 32nd St. and Bell RD in Phoenix still has one on the box in the front of the store.. You may be able to make them an offer they can't refuse... :deal: GOOD LUCK..

Try Craigslist. My son bought a brand new one from a guy in Phoenix. never had gas in the tank. Paid $150 OTD. Be patient and search often, you'll get a good deal. I am pretty sure that Checker is all out of them and will not be getting them back in.

I got one for $100 the other day put a $10.00 chain on it and its show room.
The on line classifieds are a good place to find a DB.:thumbsup:
Try Kijiji all the cities and towns close to you!
Best of luck

Tomas

I would say if it's priced from $50.00 to $250.00 it most likely got a stock motor. Most people who are selling a Db that have been modified usually just ask for what they have into it.

you guys are correct - - for I now have two bikes ,,, got another on CL . . . and both have the stock engine , , and paid about $125 each :smile:

most people end up paying $300ish for a new one, then another $160 for an engine, $25 for a clutch plus time to install it. they see it as having $500 plus all the time to get it all together. i've emailed many people that are asking too much for them and always get asshole replies back. i usually told them that Kragen had them for $169 new (when they did) and that their $250-$300 price was a bit much. there was always a "but i had to put it together". that takes 20 minutes if you're sort of know what you're doing.

i wouldn't pay more than $100 for a used DB with a stock engine and maybe $300 for one with a stock 6.5 that's installed properly.

Bought my 2nd DB last night

Dicks Sporting Goods has DB-30 on clearance @ $149.99. A few more in stock at Flatirons Mall of Bloomfield. :thumbsup:

Also picked up a new HF 6.5 for $99.

:hack: