Barn Find

thanks, do you know what the welded piece is for on the back of the frame? and if the motor is original.. I can't seem to find many DM 1000 for reference. :scooter:

Bonanza DM1000:thumbsup:
Not that I doubt that it is a Bonanza...but I just sandblasted that identical frame for my brother and it had a Trailhorse decal on the front of the fork plate and the 5 spoke Trailhorse mags. I originally thought it was a Bonanza that somebody just added a decal. Do you have a pic. of the Bonanza DM1000 you can post? I would like to prove my brother wrong on this. lol :thumbsup:

Montgomery Wards

Tell me if I am wrong , I think General Appliance also made my Montgomery Wards as it sure looks like a Trail Horse only with front suspension , The frame and rear wheel brackets look the same , I will have to look at the frame tag closer . The Wards must of had a two speed or a jackshaft setup as it has brackets for one and I have a few two speeds on hand so it looks like it is going to get one anyway . I also have both new fenders for the bike .

Tell me if I am wrong , I think General Appliance also made my Montgomery Wards as it sure looks like a Trail Horse only with front suspension , The frame and rear wheel brackets look the same , I will have to look at the frame tag closer . The Wards must of had a two speed or a jackshaft setup as it has brackets for one and I have a few two speeds on hand so it looks like it is going to get one anyway . I also have both new fenders for the bike .
[/url]
I'm with you Fatboy.. I know there was another out there (the three look-a-likes) and General Apliance sounds right.. Definately not Bonanza, and not Trail Horse.. (wrong jack shaft mounts and tail light mounts) but I couldn't remember the third.. I think you're right...

:confused: Actually it does look like that one Trail Horse huh? :glare: Hm...

Definitely a Trail Horse type Monkey Wards or G.A. ... Not Bonanza ... Pull off the tank and you should see a bracket for the kill switch ... Take off the seat and you should see a solid plate type seat mount ... Nice find :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I scratched the front where the sticker on the forks and there was a chrome sticker under the paint with orange stripes both top and bottom... then I looked at the trail horse and trail blazer sticker and they both had the stripe.. no other identification found on the bike.:scooter:

and checked under the tank for the kill switch, small solid bar between frame rails.... so what year around is this? thanks for all the help Justin:drinkup:

I was going off the gallery photo when I said BonanzaDM1000, there were a number of minibikes that shared that frame design. Sorry for the bogus ID here's the pic I was refering to, it's listed in the Bonanza gallery. The yellow bike is my trailhorse, I thought trailhorse too but the handlebars did'nt look right now that I looked again it does look like mine...