Barn find

Axx3d

Found this chasis and a tecumseh power sport 5 hp for a case of beer..

Anyone know what this rig is.. she has been through the ringer thats for sure..

Jc Agajanian Aggie , Pretty sure the handle bars were much taller on the Mickey Bikes. Plus it has an Aggie front wheel. Back wheel looks like a Manco.

Axx3d

I cant find any identifying marks at all on it.

I'll have to figure out what this is so i can match up parts etc and get it on the trails again.

anywhere i should look or picts etc?

I'll be pulling the rear sprocket because it is shot..

Last edited:

markus

While I agree that it is an aggie orginally due to the wheel, that particular frame (note the skinny toprails) was also used for the mickey decal bikes :thumbsup:

you see the aggies both ways on the toprails as noted in ST's pics, but not the mickey bikes-they were all skinny on the top. I think because most of them used the badge or something even thought this version did not have a badge

AXX: if you want to search more pictures look in the photo section under King o lawn KOL they were the makers of the frame so you can get a better Idea. I am also building a mickey decal bike out of one right now myself: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/95092-mickey-bike-project.html

Last edited:
It's not a Mickey Bike, it's an Aggie 97. Notice the foot peg bar is mounted under the frame on the Aggie and inside the frame on the Mickey. Also there is no extra bracing behind the fork plate of his bike. The Mickey Bikes that did have the foot peg mount under the frame had extra bracing behind the fork plate. See this thread>>> http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/strictly-us-vintage/73766-late-mickey-bike-compared-aggie-97-a.html

Ya..that's what my picture says...

Axx3d

Im glad its narrowed down. Im new to all this and just getting to collecting and getting a few running for now for the kids (and me). The amount of work done for restoration you guys do is amazing.

The little bit ive noticed is the frame has the square mounts for the rear versus the triangle in the MT bike flier pict posted above. They have been cut/broke and the old tabs welded on the new. Also where the scrub brake mounts has the oval tabs similar to the MT. Seems like either way the rear sprocket setup and mounting is the same.

Before i go much further i may as well see if the Tecumseh OHH50 I got with it runs. Seems like a lot of motor for it..

Sitting side by side of the Bird i just picked up the frame is about 4" shorter..

Last edited:
Ya..they are cool little bikes. But I think Tom is correct about it being a Aggie. There are a couple guys on the west coast that can probably tell you everything you need to know about it. Cause I really don't know too much about those bikes.

Axx3d

So an Aggie it is.. from looking at the rear of the frony fork support behind the blank faceplate..

Thanks guys..

Good to see I can get everything i need from OldMiniBikes store for this. Glad to support these forums!!

Axx3d

Well the motor fired up..

Hmmmmm...

Guess its time to figure out somethings n order away..

I'll post questions in the proper spots..

Thanks again fellers!