Beautiful Day

jrzmac

What a nice day in the Northeast. FINALLY. Got a chance to test out the new 3.5 Tec on the Scrambler. :scooter: Thank God I found that thing!!!! First or second pull on a cold start......Thing was purring like a kitten. Only thing is the friggin governor.... I never realised how much it pulled back. I was watching the lever as I was riding, seemed the faster I went, the more it pulls back! sucks....:thumbdown: But it was riding good so I cant complain about a 40 year old bike thats about 90% complete. And that I paid 2 bills for! :thumbsup:

toomanytoys

It freaking snowed here yesterday!

30 degrees and snowing. I was outside putting my rebuilt carb on the rupp, then trying to dial it in so I could see if it would run, then only to realize after tuning it with no load, that the damn head gasket I reused(kicking myself) is leaking! Talk about no power and no rpm..holy crap.:hammer:

The other day, I took about an hour ride on the super bronc and really enjoyed that, rode so hard my shock bolt felt out! I gotta get that thing back apart and finish my restoration...its just so much fun to ride.

Hi, glad to see you are having fun! There should be a little screw on the linkage, if you tighten that up it, it opens the throttle a little more when the governer is activated. it will help give you a little more rpms.

weather here is gettin nice too i just "finished" my first build (with the exception of a KILL SWITCH and air filter) its an old arco frame with a 5 horse flat head tillotson carb, soo i pulled the cord it fired right up! but when i cracked the throttle wide open she got Stuck. this thing FLEW away in the air because i was still holding the grip:sad: it finally hit the ground still screaming full throttle , clutch fully engaged-pulled the front wheel off the ground ripping off the custom rear fender, shredding my matching seat, and filling my carb with dirt flung off the tire due to no fender or air filter!! WTF:eek:

toomanytoys

weather here is gettin nice too i just "finished" my first build (with the exception of a KILL SWITCH and air filter) its an old arco frame with a 5 horse flat head tillotson carb, soo i pulled the cord it fired right up! but when i cracked the throttle wide open she got Stuck. this thing FLEW away in the air because i was still holding the grip:sad: it finally hit the ground still screaming full throttle , clutch fully engaged-pulled the front wheel off the ground ripping off the custom rear fender, shredding my matching seat, and filling my carb with dirt flung off the tire due to no fender or air filter!! WTF:eek:
That sucks!

From almost finished, to about half finished in 1.5 seconds.

jrzmac

but when i cracked the throttle wide open she got Stuck. this thing FLEW away in the air because i was still holding the grip:sad: it finally hit the ground still screaming full throttle , clutch fully engaged-pulled the front wheel off the ground ripping off the custom rear fender, shredding my matching seat, and filling my carb with dirt flung off the tire due to no fender or air filter!! WTF:eek:
yeah sometimes they have a mind of they're own. it's pretty scary when they get stuck at full throttle. :scared: You gotta hang on for dear life. When I start the bike I'm usually standing over the seat, with my left hand on the throttle and right hand on the rope. whenever it does get stuck( which isn't very often) I sorta just lay the bike on it's side and pull the plug. Then pick it up and dust myself off! normally doesn't do much damage. I can see how a rookie or someone older woould just let the thing go :freakout:...then wham!!!!! thats probably why you see a ton of bent forks! :doah: