Before and Current Log Pics

Thanks

Say it aint so, dude you got fab skills! Sell the old stuff and use the cabbage to buy raw steel!
Thanks,

I picked the bike up from a guy in Colorado last May for 80 bones to fix up for my 3 boys and am just now really getting a chance really put some time into it. My 14 year old did alot of the work himself. He did all the wire brush sanding and most of the parts cleaning and general disassembly. I plan to sell the fenders/tires and a few other pieces. Thanks again.

Ohhhh tell em Boo Hoo, jesus man it's a friggin Columbia mini bike not a Gull Wing Mercedes or 68 Dodge Charger Daytona that ACTUALLY RAN at Daytona.... Not like you're doing the world a great injustice. It looks SWEET now and is a one of a kind. :thumbsup: Some are nice to see as they belong but damn man, that shit gets boring fast. There's nothing that pisses me off more than some 60 year old dude swearing up and down HIS Lil Indian is just the greatest bike ever, WAY BETTER than yours EXACTLY LIKE IT!!! because it looks correct (like 9 million OTHERS) but won't even put oil in it or ride it.... That shit is for the birds.. :thefinger: It's your bike. Do what you want with it.. Looks a lot better than any Trail Flight I've ever seen.

Thanks Restore Kid. Thats pretty much my stance but I do like to respectful of the elders and thanks for the props. Yellowhand, Im thinking I will build a seat pan for it or buy a pre-made bobber style seat and mold it in to the curve. I was trying to sort of go for the drop seat look w/ out completely hacking up the frame.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the seat...I like the lines of the tubing you added.
Hey Yellowhand, I was checking out some of your rebuilds and all I can say is wow. This is my first mini bike rebuild so I may be hitting you up for ideas and advice and general info if that is ok. Thanks

125ccCrazy

looks alot better so far, I like where it's going...

I have to agree with Restorekid, some of these guys get too rediculous over these minibikes, I personally am not into restoring a bike back to original, all the bikes I picked up will be different in one way or another since I prefer to do things to my liking and not what someone else thinks should be done.... When I get my bonanzas and wild goose done I'm sure a few will be pissy since they are not period correct resto's, all mine are Hot Rodded in one way or another....I've always like fast cars, sleds, boats ect so now I'm doing it with MB's...All will be respectfully done and not hack jobs so these particular individuals shouldn't say much.....

Build it your way and don't worry about what anyone has to say..

SpyGuy

Looking good so far ... hard to believe it's the same bike. As SuperNova said, you got some good fabbin' skills ..... Bobber-style seat would look awesome on that ride. Suggestion? Perhaps a couple of triangle gussets on those rear bars for additional strength.

As for the people who are screaming about "How can you do that to an original [insert name of bike here]!?!?!?!", I just smile and ask them whose garage is it gonna be in at the end of the day - theirs, or mine. :biggrin: Bottom line: you like what you're doing to it, it don't matter what anyone else thinks about it.

:rockon::punk: Rock on, amigo - it's all cool in my book ..... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Update

Ok so not much progress right now w/ my oldest playing select soccer and running track for the school, my middle son getting ready to start martial arts and my youngest getting ready to start soccer as well. I keep thinking of that movie w/ Michael Keaton where he makes a copy of himself and then the copy makes makes a copy. I wish I could do that sometimes. Anyhow, I finally settled on a throttle assembley and grips and new throttle cable. The throttle assembley is a SIK 50s billet aluminum single pull in black. Obviously the grips are old school Triumph style red and the throttle cable is for a stock crf 50. I get good deals on Honda Motorcycle items as my brother is a master Honda Technician. Let me know what you think.

I keep thinking of that movie w/ Michael Keaton where he makes a copy of himself and then the copy makes makes a copy. I wish I could do that sometimes.
"Multiplicity" - good flick. If you guys haven't seen it, it's good silly fun.

Keep it up, looking great so far ....