bent fork fix

oldfatguy

the front forks on the mini bike I'm working on were bent and then straitened at one time by a guy with a hammer. The tubes below the tee was beat flat on top a bit oval,when you looked at the side there was a slight c shape for a couple inches below the tee.What I did was take two steel blocks 1 1/2" by 3" by 1" thick and clamped them together and drilled a 7/8" hole in between the two blocks so that each block had a 3" long round groove in it .I then milled a little off the block [less than 1/16"] so that when it clamped against the other one the hole was a little less than 7/8 ". I used a press but a vice would have worked, turn the fork tube in the die and press it a few times.The tube while still not perfect looks much better than it did, it took the "c" shape out and made it round again. I also used the press to tweak the tubes straight again. I am very happy with the results the damaged part of the fork is far less noticeable now. I hope this will help some of you salvage a damaged fork.