Big Wheel Mini Monster Bike

Here is my latest Craigslist find. Anyone know who made this big mini bike ? Not bad for $50.00 and it has the two-speed gear box by James. More pictures in my photo section.

Steve:scooter:

Mac

Bonanza fender tabs are rounded at the ends & not as wide as these.
Could be a Bonanza or Trail Horse with extensive redesign.

(....I like the Mystery Chopper made with "Stellar" Technology in Steven's album)

Steve, If I had to guess, I'd say modified Trail Horse. Looks like even the rear axle mounts were modified. Thats a serious digger on the rear too.:thumbsup: What would that gear box have been on originally? It looks to be a high or low range and not shift on the fly.

kbs8ball

Long seat Steve.... I just picked up a Bonanza roller this morning...yeah im addicted...now should I part it out like I told myself I was going to do or restore it...its a bc bike it might even be the one with the fiberglass tank...it has a bigger bonanza tag and number on the front fork...bigger than the ones ive seen. ill get some pics up soon.

Steve, If I had to guess, I'd say modified Trail Horse. Looks like even the rear axle mounts were modified. Thats a serious digger on the rear too.:thumbsup: What would that gear box have been on originally? It looks to be a high or low range and not shift on the fly.
Jim as far as I know The gear box was only used on the Tule Trooper and it looks just like the one on my Trooper but modified for gears. The Manual

Steve, Neat find, looks like a streached out Trail horse, are the grears on the James box welded on or removable? I could look up what weight oil it takes (I think it was 50W) The shifter bar looks stock.

I'd stuff a big engine in it. :thumbsup:

I haven't done the calculations on the gearing but I would go to a torque converter drive that would give the input ratio of 2.70 to 1 in low and the James box is 3.0 to 1 in low gear and as its geared now a 20 tooth on the out put shaft and 70 tooth on the wheel thats 3.5 to 1 and with 17 inch diameter wheels this may just dig trenches . The sprockets are not welded on there is a key-way. The previous owner said he had a Briggs 5 HP on it but only had a clutch not a torque converter. I looked up the Tule parts list and they used a 45 tooth sprocket on the rear wheel and 12 , 14 or 18 tooth on the gear box.
Hey this was made for a fat boy like me. LOL Steve