: biggrin: powell frame

its a mystery david........a solid piece of metal.....not hollow........i suppose it is not original to the bike, but since i only have the frame and had to collect parts for my bike,,,i thought id just leave it there.......the other thing unusual feature is the ends of the swing arm.....they are bent for axle eyelet bolts...........my next powell will be the real deal..........:rolleyes::scooter: i like the color....it is an eastwood color and i am very happy with it...........got a deal on the job..........:smile:

its a mystery david........a solid piece of metal.....not hollow........i suppose it is not original to the bike, but since i only have the frame and had to collect parts for my bike,,,i thought id just leave it there.......the other thing unusual feature is the ends of the swing arm.....they are bent for axle eyelet bolts...........my next powell will be the real deal..........:rolleyes::scooter: i like the color....it is an eastwood color and i am very happy with it...........got a deal on the job..........:smile:
Tippy don't worry about original its your bike do what you want with it . Hell you see what i just did to one and it was close to original .:thumbsup:

update on the powell

not much progress on the powell the last month.......gathering parts.........got a nice front wheel and axle coming......on the look out for the rear...........took a second job so i could afford this hobby.....tee hee...addiction is serious problem for me.......oh well.......keeps me out of trouble......i guess if i dont find a rear wheel before long i may have to get some spinners and get busy with a little modifying......grrr......dont want to do that especially......stay tuned........i gotta get this thing rollin:grind::scooter:

the first powell is going together nicely............it will sport a 6.5 hf motor.......since I could not come up with a rear wheel for her I decided to use the 8 inch spinners from OldMiniBikes..........the forks that came with my 2nd powell were reemed out for a 5/8 axle........just my luck.......now a bit of modyifying on the rear swing arm..a nice afternoon in the mountains for doing this.......:wink::scooter::wink:

my first powell

well have I got a good story to tell ..........I am making progress acquiring the parts for this
my first powell......not much in original parts.....frame and forks........but today I sealed a deal for a period correct motor, running, from a stellar feller:pimp: more details to follow..........:laugh::devil2: