Bonanza Chopper Resto-Mod

Alright here it goes just picked this thing up last week it’s a good candidate for a resto-mod. Plans are a somewhat built HS-40 and a mostly stock and original frame. I tore down the frame today and got everything into pieces. The wheels were a typical pain all the bolts broke so I had to drill them all out. Planning on sending them in to get burnished. Got the sissy bar tore apart and ready for chrome. The forks are really stuck together and are more than my propane torch can handle. My oxy-acetylene bottles are empty so I’m going to have to get them filled so I can get these forks apart. Other than that I’m starting to make a list of parts I need and get all my parts together for chrome. The forks will need to be addressed before chrome I need to weld up all the holes and redrill them they all have excessive slop. The neck tube on these choppers is just a 5/8” ID tube with no room for bushings so over the years the steel on steel has given this neck some slop. I’m most likely going to cut it out and build a custom neck tube that accepts tapered roller bearings just like what I used on my ultimate off-road bonanza project. Also going to be cutting off the pegs and rewelding on some pegs that are wider. I’m 6’ and very crammed on this bike so the wider pegs will make it more comfortable. I also am on the list to get a seat from Karen. Other than that I’m on the look out for a decent HS40. Pics.....
1568598129093.jpeg
1568598251358.jpeg
1568598356160.jpeg
1568598409631.jpeg
1568598439286.jpeg
1568598649528.jpeg

Attachments