Bonanza dilemma

Minimichael

I've had my fun with it, but it's not for everybody, or every day. So I'm ready to sell it, but can't decide whether to soup it up, sell it as a roller, or part it out.

I was just swapping in a stock 2hp Briggs so it would at least be a running minibike and got to thinking... I have to let a clutch go for this.... (and I already hate to throw in that nos seat) only to meet a buyer who plans to replace everything.

I have bigger engines I could put on, I have grips, a new twist throttle, cables, and even shocks, but other projects are calling me these days and I want it to sell to someone who wants it —more than I care about having a freshly painted and modded Bonanza for sale. Plus the bottom fork/neck hole has gotten egged and is a good candidate for the welded-washer treatment. After a lot of effort and parts I'd be breaking even...

WWYD?

Attachments

Mr. Pink

I’m sure in the back of your head you have a list of what parts you want to keep and what parts you want to get rid of.
And also a price you want for the entire ball of wax.
I’d make a detailed record of those parts and list it as “Bonanza Grab Bag"

I would keep your spare parts and list the frame as a roller.
Buyer might make an offer for some of your parts. That way, you keep your spares and only make one sale.
I personally would be interested in that roller with rear shocks, as it looks like it has pipe installed instead of shocks.

Minimichael

Thanks, Pink. And Sparky.

Yeah those tube shocks don't make for the most comfortable ride. One had a broken spring when I got it, tho I've since replaced both.

I like the inventory/grab bag idea. It's more or less a kit that way. Roller with optional upgrades.