Bonanza project

Very true I need a side cover and to fix the front suspension I will detail it up this weekend and see how it looks, I will post some pics up as well.

There are some very good people here that can help with preserving the original finishes. Manchester1, Markus, MarkG and many others. I'm a fan of WD40 as a mild cleaner. Oxalic acid works wonders on rusted chrome. Elephant wax on the seats and so on....

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

The Oxalic acid works great on chrome and its cheap. Get yourself a big plastic container. Trash can works well for forks and large parts. 000 steel wool is your friend. Easy-off oven cleaner works good on the grease along with WD40.
I only used WD40, SOS pad and WD40 on this bike last week. And wax.:thumbsup:

The patina of a bike well used is awesome. You have a great bike there. Clean and polish it and get it running right. It's ok if it looks used. It adds to the mystic. If the bike could tell a story.....

markus

Yeah everything is straight on it and all or it seems to be original down to the motor.
your going to find the engine to not be the original, and a bit too small for a bike of that size. If its what I think it is its actually only a 2.5 HP engine (the longblock is probably from the Rascal that the chainguard came from). Hopefully all the lighted parts are there, but you may want to verify that the flywheel is a true lighted multi magnet one if your dead set on using it and need the lights. those are a rarity for the small frame H engines. The current shroud on it is from a lighted HS, I mention the flywheel because they are not interchangeable between those engines and they may have tried use the lighted parts off the HS to get a lighted engine together.

Got some work ahead of ya, but looks like you got some good bones to work with :thumbsup:

very nice bike to start with. I agree with Markus. might want to put a hodaka engine in it..Just a thought.
Have fun.
I might have a suggestion where to get your rear break light Switch from
PM me