Bonanza "Serial" #'s

Hey gang~! So i know that the numbers on the Bonanza Tag arent "serial" #'s persay... I am told that they are basically for that bike that they are on...like and ID tag rather than serial#.. Here's my ?...are they commonly a five digit code??? The tag on my bc1000 is stamped 7662.. havent seen ANY with 4 digits.... kinda perplexing. Any input would be sweet!!! thx

Right on george! thanks for the info... so now im wondering what year did they start production of the bc1000...hmmm googles awesome for this stuff!!!!:thumbsup:

Hey gang~! So i know that the numbers on the Bonanza Tag arent "serial" #'s persay... I am told that they are basically for that bike that they are on...like and ID tag rather than serial#.. Here's my ?...are they commonly a five digit code??? The tag on my bc1000 is stamped 7662.. havent seen ANY with 4 digits.... kinda perplexing. Any input would be sweet!!! thx
Hello, I have a BC1300S that was purchased new on December 18th 1967, the badge number is 37593. I hope this helps.