Brake light and tail light with a 9V battery

Minimichael

I'm testing this 9v idea to power a new tail/brake light which has 3 wires: blue for the constant red glow, and a red wire for a brightness boost during braking. It's a 12v light, but sure enough glows with a simple household battery. So I taped up the blue wire last night, and that 9v is still going strong 24hrs later. Next I'll test it with the added brake light wire, but I'm already happy with these results. My rides around the neighborhood last a maximum of an hour, and I don't know if I even went for 24 rides last summer.

"Hey run inside and get a battery out of the drawer..."

Attachments

I'm testing this 9v idea to power a new tail/brake light which has 3 wires: blue for the constant red glow, and a red wire for a brightness boost during braking. It's a 12v light, but sure enough glows with a simple household battery. So I taped up the blue wire last night, and that 9v is still going strong 24hrs later. Next I'll test it with the added brake light wire, but I'm already happy with these results. My rides around the neighborhood last a maximum of an hour, and I don't know if I even went for 24 rides last summer.

"Hey run inside and get a battery out of the drawer..."
You know they make a device that you can mount under your seat and run lights off a drill battery? Milwaukee and dewalt I know make them….I have a dewalt….like $12 on eBay

There are rechargeable LED bicycle taillights with an inertia activated brake light, some have built-in turn signals and horn/bell with a wireless handlebar switch, some have a built-in alarm with remote control. They start around $10 and ones loaded with features are around $30-35. Just search 'bicycle taillight' on Amazon and be overwhelmed with choices.

Lol…but around here a 9v battery is $6-7…I’d at least get a rechargeable one…
Around $2-3 each with free (Prime) shipping in multi-packs on Amazon. I guess some people don't like Amazon for one reason or another but I've been a customer for around 14 years and a Prime member for around 10 years. Over 100 orders per year the past few (137 last year). I even buy my groceries from Amazon Fresh, delivered to my door, haven't been in a grocery store in years.

Around $2-3 each with free (Prime) shipping in multi-packs on Amazon. I guess some people don't like Amazon for one reason or another but I've been a customer for around 14 years and a Prime member for around 10 years. Over 100 orders per year the past few (137 last year). I even buy my groceries from Amazon Fresh, delivered to my door, haven't been in a grocery store in years.
Wonder if they deliver to the side of the road? I guess my point is ok $1-3 each….but why…not trying to argue just pointing out rechargeable batteries…let’s argue about something else….less trivial…