Brake?

hey, kinda new at this stuff but i think im gonna get a mini bike kit where would be the best place to get one? but my main question is what kind of brake set-up?

thanks

most mini's that i have seen just run the normal paddle brake, thats what i got on mine. it'll bring you to a stop from 25mph pretty quick once you learn how much pressure to use

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Your going to need a race clutch. Stock clutches don't have the correct amount of stall to make the cam work correctly.

How big is the cam?
How big is the bore/stroke?
How big is the tillotson carb? or model? or gas or alky?

KB2ROCKET

just my opinion to each his own but I stay away from clutch brakes the extra heat is not good for the clutch and if the chain breaks you have no brakes at all
a paddle/scrub brake is crude but ok
if you run a live axle a disc brake would be best
or with a dead axle I have seen some good expanding drum brakes :scooter:

I bought two of those Azusa minibike kits a couple years ago and built them out...comes with a drum brake.

I've seen them pretty cheap on websites, and somebody was telling me they come with the handlebars bent forward now. We had to heat and bend them ourselves, because the frame is very small and you need the knee room for over 5'6" riders.

Last edited:
Hent has a link on the home page under 'minibike kits' for those Azusa kits, but you can save over a hundred bucks by shopping around on the web.

The site link is for Northern Tools, a reputable seller, but I've seen them discounted elsewhere for under $250.