Breakdown started....Need help..

Well I started taking the mystery bike apart to get things ready for sandblasting and powdercoat.

Since I can find no info on this bike anywhere I am kinda in limbo on what to do with it.I dont know if the Briggs 4hp was original or not. I know the wheels are after market. My main dilemma is what kind of braking system did it use. There are two big tabs in the back behind where the motor sits. I am wondering if there was some kind of jackshaft on this originally.There is no slots for the motor , but the rear wheel slides and those tabs are slotted as well.

If anyone has any pics,suggestions,advice ect.... I would welcome any input whatsoever..

Also who can I get to reproduce the TERRA sticker on the front ???

Last edited:
I think it probably had a drum brake on the right side, the bolt through the frame was probably a point to anchor the drum assembly. The jackshaft IMO should be a 2 speed unit for two people you'd need a lower takeoff gearing, but a regular jackshaft would be fine. I know you'll do a good job whatever you end up doing!

It would bolt on like a trailhorse jackshaft, you can get one from time to time on Ebay but it would'nt be too hard to build brackets and use a weld-on kit from BMI. My trailhorse has the same brackets just witout the slots, I've seen the correct jackshaft for mine but I'm going with a TAV on it.....

That's the type of mounts you need to use your brackets. You may need a Tecumseh with a front tank to clear the jackshaft. You could also mount a small drum on the jackshaft for a band brake, like the Roper 2 speeds had.

I actually have a 5hp Tec ready to go, but I didn't know if the Briggs was original or not, so I was hesitant to swap it out. Do you guys think it will hurt the value???

I guess since its so rare and Nobody knows anything about them, maybe they wont care. Hey at least its a bigger motor to haul 2 people around with huh?:shrug:

Also where can I find a jackshaft drum brake like that ???? I had to make one for one of my Super Broncs using an old clutch I welded solid and put a band brake on ..

Mac may have one. I think he had a complete roper 2 speed unit for sale a while back. I have a small disc like the Flea used if you want to run a disc.

WOW that is spot on.Except mine is black with silver backing.Please tell me how to get one.Thank you sooooooo much.:thumbsup:
wow i got it wright ? cool:thumbsup: . can you get me some size reference , like how big is it how wide ?its on a mirror backing correct? but ya ill see what they tell me and how long it would take and the cost .

Very interesting mini bike. I have never seen such an unusual set up. For some reason Yellow paint seems to be the color I would choose to paint it. Do not ask why??? It's a tandem unit for transporting worker's on a jobsite...????

TT :eek:ut:

I dont know anything about the bike, all I do know is that its a bad ass ride!!:thumbsup:
Thanx guys. I feel pretty lucky to have found this gem. I got it all stripped to bare metal today, but I am still going to get it sandblasted by the powdercoater just to make sure all the nooks and crannies are perfect.Does anyone know a place to get these kind of fold up footpegs, cause these are rough.