Breathing noise with Mikuni upgrade

I’m not sure what to set the fuel mixture screw or idle screw at. My idle screw is currently screwed out pretty far, only because its the only way I can get the bike started.

Minimichael

Somebody else has to chime in here about choke. Some say up, others say down.

Seems to me it should run either way, tho choked (aka "enriched") should run too rich and sputtery

Minimichael

Do you know what # is your pilot jet? You could try dropping the needle clip position, so as to shorten the needle length - and let fuel in more easily during early throttling.

I’m not sure why the bike dies when I turn the enricher off. Currently it exhausts smells pretty bad and I can tell that it shouldn’t be runner with enricher on, I’m not sure what to do to get it running with enricher off

Minimichael

I’m not sure why the bike dies when I turn the enricher off. Currently it exhausts smells pretty bad and I can tell that it shouldn’t be runner with enricher on, I’m not sure what to do to get it running with enricher off
I'm still suspecting air is leaking in at your manifold gaskets. So much so that enriching is only way to meet fuel needs.

SAS289

Somebody else has to chime in here about choke. Some say up, others say down.

Seems to me it should run either way, tho choked (aka "enriched") should run too rich and sputtery
Plunger up enrichment on. Plunger down enrichment off. Been this way on Mikuni's for decades.

I wouldn't use that black insulator spacer. There are 3 places to leak air instead of 2.

You're going to have to do some investigation. We can give suggestions but you'll have to do the actual checking of stuff. I'd start with valve lash and see if that frees up the flywheel at all. Then remove the carb and start over. Reinstall it, taking care to make sure everything is sealing good and tight. Spray the carb with ether and see if it fires. Then start working on the carb.
having a tach would help.
Top speed is about a lot of factors but that is the least of your problems at the moment

Bike is running with fuel enhancer fine but still evantually dies when I turn it off. And it immediately dies when I give it throttle. I’m still unsure of why this is happening.