Briggs 5.5HP INTEK I/C 206 OHV

I have a new-in-box Briggs 5.5HP INTEK I/C 206 OHV engine. Are there any performance parts available for this engine?

I have searched here, NR-Racing.com, affordablegokarts.com, & Google but I ve not had much luck. Basicly, I have been told to go a different direction.

Do you guys have any information to share?

Thanks!

Motra

Most of the Briggs Animal parts should fit that engine, there's plenty of performance parts for it. Even stock Animal parts are high performance. The places you mentioned specialize in Honda performance so they'll want to steer you that direction, not that that's bad.

Highly customizable, and you can get some great power out of it, Depends on how fast you want to go, and speed costs money,

Properly built you can easily scare yourself crapless

www.fastermotors.net Specializes in building Animals, Jims a great guy, lots of great parts
Rieken's Racing, Your Complete Online Kart Shop lots of briggs animal parts ( as motra said, most animal parts work well)
Kart Pipes - Your Go Kart Pipe Home sells great headers and good parts

The OHV motors are nice because anyone can build them and get power out of them (easier than the Flathead, but im old school) I would start with an K & N air cleaner, and a good header, to let the engine breathe, Next I would consider a Carb, to get more power and air into your motor, the Animal carb is a Walbro PZ22 Slide carb and adapter, that will boost your power a fair share. Doing this would remove your governor (or you can remove them from the stock carb, you do run a slight risk of serious damage to the engine by removing the governor)

Next, If you still want more, you would have the replace the plastic cam, (with the animal cam) replace valve springs, and add the billet rod, after this the list goes on and on

In other words, the sky is the limit, they are great motors to start with, and im hoping to do so this summer:thumbsup: Let me know if you need anything else

Direct link to animal parts on out2win http://www.out2win.com/catalog/animalparts.html

Highly customizable, and you can get some great power out of it, Depends on how fast you want to go, and speed costs money,

Properly built you can easily scare yourself crapless

Jay,
The reason I joined this forum was to get help & to give help. I would like to thank you for your help. At some point I want to build a custom bike with a hot rod flathead. I have some ideas in mind but I don’t think I can swing everything before Bonneville this year. Again, thank you for the leads, I have e-mailed them.

No a problem at all, I joined this because I figured that I could help someone out, share some knowledge, gain some, and hopefully make somone's day, My knowledge of the bikes isnt the greatest (I am learning, alot!) But I really love the mechanical aspect of the whole thing,

Flatheads are my favorite by far, Im hoping to have a really mean one up and running this summer, Sadly, The OHV motors will produce far more power than the good ole flathead,

If ya have anything else feel free to ask, Ill try to help ya out!

Responce from Faster Motors

Sell the Intek and buy an Animal engine.
It will be a lot easier to make it perform and has a good rod, head, flywheel / ign, carb etc on it already. If you do all the right stuff you can go from 8.5 HP to over 20 HP, I would recommend an SMC Bullet clutch

Im Not entirely suprised with that Advice, and it does have valid, truthfull arguments, Out of box an animal is built to be run hard and race, The rod, flywheel and ignitions are all strictly bread for racing

A new animal will run you about 500 bucks, and youll still need an aircleaner, fuel pump, exhaust, and some assorted parts, and a clutch,

Faster motors also does more for Karting, and it that case I really would buy an animal

my question is, How much do you want to spend?

Power costs money, and Its up to you how much you want,

If you wanna go big, and I mean REALLY big then go for the animal,

Personally Id start with the intek, and see where it goes from there, But the Animals are nice, Do you want to try and sell the intek and drop 600 bucks+?

Or do you want to spend around 200 bucks, and have one nice, fast ride?, Ya got mild, and ya got wild, what exactly are you looking for?

( If you are going to do porting/polishing, valve train modifications and serious power modifications the animal may be better)

Last edited: