Briggs 5HP Unicorn

Minimichael

Or should I say mule? It seems I may be half way to having an electric start.

Call it building up inventory, I went to buy an old green 5HP generator from a guy on craigslist and he gave me this orange one for free.

Thanks, guy from Peoria!

Attachments

Minimichael

Generators have not been safe around my garage the past few years. Either I want the engine or somebody I know wants the generator.

2200 watts ought be enough for two fridges and a sump pump, don't ya think?

Attachments

pomfish

Had that same engine in white on a home made thick wall off road frame gokart I named Brutis and was the best damn 5hp Briggs ever.
Started in 2 pulls after sitting all winter every year, all stock except for header.
Miss that cart and that engine.

Read the numbers on your sump pump. It may be pretty tough if all three run at the same time. 2200 watts would be about one single 20 amp circuit breaker. Refrigerators for sure. Just plug in the pump when needed.

Minimichael

Yeah, there were multiple wires hanging from a ground post off cover and I wondered about other components. And the alternator would be inside the flywheel, yes? I have to first get a pulley off the crankshaft but my pullers are at my brother's house right now.

yes, under flywheel and yes, I am sure it was a snow blower engine. It probably had a 110 volt starter and no charging system. Still a great engine. Including my generator, I now have 4 coolbore engines.