Briggs and Stratton 8hp Crankshaft Cross Reference.

TLDR I have a nice used Briggs & Stratton Industrial Plus 8hp 196432 0047 02 960726YE. I need to have a PTO end with 1/4 keyway. I am searching for cross reference information on keyed crankshafts that will fit my motor.

I have a 1978 Sears branded chain drive 8hp rototiller 247298780 that I love the thing is a heavy beast. Original engine part number listed in the manual is 190402 0944 01 . Last fall the motor blew up. No hyperbole, the rod broke in two places and exited the block. I have a Briggs and Stratton Industrial Plus 8hp in really great shape. But it has no key way on the crank. I need it to have a crank with the 1/4 key and the internally threaded end to retain the drive pulley. My industrial plus is marked 196432 0047 02 960726YE. I am having trouble cross referencing Briggs interchangeability if there is any. My research is telling me the original part number for the keyed crank for my Industrial Plus motor was 495789. What is funny is there doesn't seem to be anything that shows my exact crank. Not tapered like a generator just blank shaft. Most people I reach out to don't have the keyed version or is it is very expensive. I have seen loads of other part number listed as 8hp briggs cranks going for much cheaper and would love to go that route if I can confirm fitment. My other option is just to take it to a machine shop and get the crank modified. I am trying to be sure which is the more economical route. I get the feeling my motor is some low production oddball from the number of sellers I have reached out to and they aren't finding my motor in the catalog.

TLDR I have a nice used Briggs & Stratton Industrial Plus 8hp 196432 0047 02 960726YE. I need to have a PTO end with 1/4 keyway. I am searching for cross reference information on keyed crankshafts that will fit my motor.

I have a 1978 Sears branded chain drive 8hp rototiller 247298780 that I love the thing is a heavy beast. Original engine part number listed in the manual is 190402 0944 01 . Last fall the motor blew up. No hyperbole, the rod broke in two places and exited the block. I have a Briggs and Stratton Industrial Plus 8hp in really great shape. But it has no key way on the crank. I need it to have a crank with the 1/4 key and the internally threaded end to retain the drive pulley. My industrial plus is marked 196432 0047 02 960726YE. I am having trouble cross referencing Briggs interchangeability if there is any. My research is telling me the original part number for the keyed crank for my Industrial Plus motor was 495789. What is funny is there doesn't seem to be anything that shows my exact crank. Not tapered like a generator just blank shaft. Most people I reach out to don't have the keyed version or is it is very expensive. I have seen loads of other part number listed as 8hp briggs cranks going for much cheaper and would love to go that route if I can confirm fitment. My other option is just to take it to a machine shop and get the crank modified. I am trying to be sure which is the more economical route. I get the feeling my motor is some low production oddball from the number of sellers I have reached out to and they aren't finding my motor in the catalog.
Curious as so what $$ amount do you consider being "very expensive"?
Michael