Briggs end play shims

Doc1976

I posted in the Briggs area as well, but there are way more eyes here. So it finally happened, I have an engine on my bench which has too much endplay in the crank. Until now, all the motors I've worked on have been within specs. I know there are thrust shims for this purpose, but cant seem to find a part number. the motor is a 3.5 horse 094201-0117-E1. does anyone here know the Briggs part number for these shims? The diagrams don't show the shims. there are tons available on eBay and amazon and all that but I need the part number to know which ones to get. thanks in advance.

mustangfrank

I posted in the Briggs area as well, but there are way more eyes here. So it finally happened, I have an engine on my bench which has too much endplay in the crank. Until now, all the motors I've worked on have been within specs. I know there are thrust shims for this purpose, but cant seem to find a part number. the motor is a 3.5 horse 094201-0117-E1. does anyone here know the Briggs part number for these shims? The diagrams don't show the shims. there are tons available on eBay and amazon and all that but I need the part number to know which ones to get. thanks in advance.
So you double post, out of topic and push someone else's Discussion topic down?

mustangfrank

Just trying to get as many eyes as possible. I apologize, didn't realize we were so sensitive.
Yes, you already made it clear what you wanted. No, "we" are not "so sensitive".

I'd like to be able to post my questions and classified ads in every unrelated category and bump them to the top every day when I want attention but it's a public forum, there are rules and a little etiquette goes a long way to keeping it enjoyable for everyone.

Doc1976

Yes, you already made it clear what you wanted. No, "we" are not "so sensitive".

I'd like to be able to post my questions and classified ads in every unrelated category and bump them to the top every day when I want attention but it's a public forum, there are rules and a little etiquette goes a long way to keeping it enjoyable for everyone.
Pretty sure this category is general minibike discussion so I dont see how my question is out of category. And isn't part of forum etiquette not trolling someone's thread when you don't have something helpful to offer? I've already apologized once, I won't do it again.
Please let me know how to delete an entire thread, and I will do so. It was not my intention to cause such a problem.

Last edited:

mustangfrank

Pretty sure this category is general minibike discussion so I dont see how my question is out of category. And isn't part of forum etiquette not trolling someone's thread when you don't have something helpful to offer? I've already apologized once, I won't do it again.
Please let me know how to delete an entire thread, and I will do so. It was not my intention to cause such a problem.
I did feel it was helpful to offer a point about forum etiquette because for the last three days another new member and you posted in multiple topic categories with multiple threads that should have been one thread each. You got an answer from a very knowledgeable member in the correct topic category in around an hour...DONE, give someone else a turn to be on top!

I didn't ask for or expect an "apology" but if you felt you needed to "apologize", here's a tip...they don't count if you toss out an insult or "so sensitive" jab after typing the word. I thought this was over the second I closed the thread with nothing needed to be said but that pissed me off.

Speaking of trolling...

If I offer another member my experience or advice to try to help them avoid a future problem what would be your purpose in BSing with your contradictory key stories? Is that helpful? Isn't that trolling?

If you bought it "new" from a retailer I would box it up and go exchange it for another, the key installed would indicate a returned engine possibly, who knows the history.
All the ones I've bought from them have all had key installed.
I've opened 3 boxes, all had the key tie wrapped loose around the PTO. Then again I'm not surprised with inconsistency in Chinese assembly and packaging.
I've had several that way too.
From the thread: 212 predator question | OldMiniBikes.com

I'm done, as I was at 1:22pm yesterday...unless you want to try to get the last word in again