Briggs Intek

Just got a used briggs intek-190 6hp for free. Fuel tank and carb was filled with water. I cleaned out the fuel tank and got a rebuild kit for the carb. It runs great now and I want to up the horse power. Any tips for a low cost 3-4 hp gain. Also will a Tav 2 fit on these. Thanks, I know some of you will pull through.

Well, the Tav-2 makes the best use of small engine power, giving you great power & acceleration at low speeds + A nice top speed.

As far as Performance parts, I would say a Large Carburetor would be the best chance of increasing Horsepower. I would suggest a billet rod if you do any Carb swapping.

Just got a used briggs intek-190 6hp for free. Fuel tank and carb was filled with water. I cleaned out the fuel tank and got a rebuild kit for the carb. It runs great now and I want to up the horse power. Any tips for a low cost 3-4 hp gain. Also will a Tav 2 fit on these. Thanks, I know some of you will pull through.
An alu. flywheel and advance the timing while your in there also,would be
a big improvement. The billet rod and bigger carb,plus a free flowing exhaust
is practically a must,if your looking for a big power gain of 3-4hp. Good luck.
:hack:

good quality air cleaner will help even with the stock carb,

but if you want the big gain, like everyone's said, Carb, exhaust and rod
You may want to look into valve springs, floating a valve would be bad.

Ive also heard that in the newer heads there is metal part that was put it to meet the EPA requirements, I know it flows alot better when removed.... But i dont know anything about the removal