Bulb numbers for headlight 1972 DMP

I have a 1972 DMP Trailchamp with a Tecumseh 5hp. It came with a light but I know it is not right. It is wired for a 12volt light right now. I would like to rewire it back to original. I have all the parts, wires, kill switch, hi low switch. The original light is missing the bulb and switch on top. Can anybody tell me the number on the bulb which should be in there. I believe it should be a 6volt bulb possibly a 192 or simular stanley bulb which looks simular to what the Harleys use. I cannot find my original manual right now and would appreciate any help. Would like to get something simular in wattage. Also the rear light is wired right now with a 12volt bulb but I'm possitive it would of been a 6 volt brake tailight bulb. I also need a number for this. Thanks Garry

Last edited:
Yes, those bulbs are six volts. I cant answer for a DMP, because I don't know the diameter of the head lamp, or 12 volt tail lamp you are using.

I used a Wagner 4020 headlamp. Hi-Lo, 6 volt, 5.75 inches. You can research these by specifications/diameter.

Tail light might be an 1154. Pretty common 6 VDC bulb on stop lamps. If your 12 volt bulb says 1157, this would be the replacement.

Yes, those bulbs are six volts. I cant answer for a DMP, because I don't know the diameter of the head lamp, or 12 volt tail lamp you are using.

I used a Wagner 4020 headlamp. Hi-Lo, 6 volt, 5.75 inches. You can research these by specifications/diameter.

Tail light might be an 1154. Pretty common 6 VDC bulb on stop lamps. If your 12 volt bulb says 1157, this would be the replacement.
Thanks Dave. Yes it is a 5 3/4" sealed beam that is in it right now. Garry