!!bungholio!!

What other site? :laugh:
To be honest, I can't remember. I was googling images of "Tecumseh Side Pooper", and clicked on one of his images that was tied to another site.

On a side note: with the image filter on my phone turned off, there were no disgusting pics when gooling "Side Pooper". I was pleasantly surprised. :D

If that's not you, I wonder if "that guy" will sell "his" cast side popper exhausts? :laugh:
Now what kind of guy would have that as a avatar... Those honkeyass people there I tell you... I was under the impression there was another thread some where on it? But yes I did post that pic in the briggs thread there, cool little engine that briggs is.

Last edited:
In parts of Kentucky, you can still find unopened 6 packs of Billy Beer. :D
I remember that stuff I was young but remember it, I did get my keyways that was the fix!! if I get any time I will post some more up this weekend on it but this time of the year with machinery sales my over the road trucks are running like crazy and my rigging crews have been working every day non stop. and this weekend is going to be the same.

I remember that stuff I was young but remember it, I did get my keyways that was the fix!! if I get any time I will post some more up this weekend on it but this time of the year with machinery sales my over the road trucks are running like crazy and my rigging crews have been working every day non stop. and this weekend is going to be the same.

I'm only 38 myself. Only reason I know about Billy Beer is from antique shopping in rural areas with my aunt as a child.

I'm glad that keyway worked out; as I have already bought one from eBay. I'm in no rush myself; but the anticipation is killing me! :D As far as I'm concerned, take your time, it's been worth the wait!

delray

i know it's a old thread and all,but i did notes some concerns about your build jeff. the flywheel off the vertical lawn mower could be to light for your project build. running that centrifical clutch could be little to heavy and unbalance piece for that very light flywheel to absorb. very good chance you could get a unwanted vibration from that setup. personally would just bolt on the cast steel flywheel and go. and has a option you could mill down the finn's little. that would help on the excess weight spinning. still enough to asorb the heavy clutch spinning on the other end of the crank. also installing a hot coil will make a big difference. maybe 245 cam. hey i'm just saying because you already have the mikuni style carb and header...:shrug:connecting rod needs to go by..by too. the older hs-rods like them are weak too. the newer ohh rods are strong,but a billet would be the best....:thumbsup:
under cutting the stock valves maybe a problem too. if i am correct the factory valves are made up of two pieces fused together and where you under cut them is where they are fused together.
what was the bore size? something like a 4hp bore or smaller? if so, you could of tried a hs-40 crank in that block. i believe the counter weights might be smaller? might help on your clearance. also the newer pistons come with a thinner style rings that might help little on less drag on the cylinder wall and there is different options on aftermarket valve springs and retainers...:thumbsup:
i too would like to see it done jeff….:thumbsup:
if not then maybe this winter i will build one.....:scooter:

Last edited:
if not then maybe this winter i will build one.....:scooter:
Clark has been absent for years now. I was going to PM you when I saw you bought that block. You would definitely be the guy to build one. I did ask you about the 245 working in an H35, in this application, but I assume those cams are gone now.

Do the OHH rods fit the late model side popper? Anyway, I hope to see you build one.

Is there a sticky anywhere that details parts interchange between the HS35, HS40, HS50? Or do we not know that stuff yet? lol
Only reason I ask is I thought I read that stuff like side covers and heads might interchange? Some cranks interchange, etc?

delray

massacre and dave, I did not purchase that motor. I believe it must of been another brian that did? yes, the late model stuff does interchange. I can't give you the exact year/date when they made them like that. one easy way for me to find out was just look up a newer block I have and in the diagram it will show everything and what I mean by everything it will list a hs-40-50 and ohh-rod for that side popper...….:thumbsup:

I reached out to Jeff when I started my 356 build (since it is kind of an OHH Bungholio so to speak) but he never responded. He posted some back last year, and logged into this site last month, so he's still around - just not posting much.

Life has a way of getting in the way of hobbies sometimes. I think we'd all like to see this bad boy finished though!

Clark has been absent for years now. I was going to PM you when I saw you bought that block. You would definitely be the guy to build one. I did ask you about the 245 working in an H35, in this application, but I assume those cams are gone now.

Do the OHH rods fit the late model side popper? Anyway, I hope to see you build one.
The uglychicken on eBay has a few left. There probably aren't many left out there. I don't see anybody selling the 255's anymore.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/tecumseh-dyno-cams-245/152477351421?hash=item23805bbdfd:g:TQcAAOSwOyJX6slF