C-250 vs. Banchi

The Bianchi had the rupp gas tank on the the frame and the c250 had an engine mounted tank. The bianchi and c 250 should have a tecumseh 2.5 hp engine. Check out ruppparts.com for descriptions of rupp minis.

jrzmac

I think I heard somewhere that in 67-68 they were called c-250's, and in 69 they called them Banchi's? maybe they were trying to get rid of any frames they had left and came up with a new name to try and push them out? they did that for a few models I think. like the 69 Digger and the Sprint. maybe they put different brakes on them or something but basically the same bike. also the 69 Goat, it was also called the Ram. why? maybe in different parts of the country they called em different. Goat on the east coast, Ram out west...who knows? it is kind of confusing. I wish there was a website that had all the old catalogs posted. The 1968 one is out there. I dont think i've ever seen anything from 69?

Sorry about that I was thinking of the c-220 which as you can see in the picture is different than the c-250 or the bianchi.

Thanks for the input everyone. I will post pictures of this project after I make a little more progress. I picked this one up on Ebay late last year for $113.61. It was in North Carolina and had been stored for years by a 50-year-old dude who rode it with his brother when they were kids. Fortunately all the parts are there except the clutch guard. The engine was rough and I plan to put a Briggs and Stratton on it temporarily so I can ride a little. Then when I complete the Tecumseh overhaul, that will go back on.

The clutch guard is the only piece that I am missing and will have to spend big bucks for one. I may have to buy a complete bike just to get the chain guard.
I paid almost as much for my 2.5 Tecumseh that you paid for your complete bike, then I had to do a complete rebuild. Putting it back together in my kitchen this week.

Yeah, I got really lucky on this one. It was in the middle of nowhere, North Carolina, and I was surprised to win it on eBay for that price. I live in Maryland and didn't pick it up for 3 months after buying it, when I drove to Charlotte for Christmas with my brother. When you have a chance, post a picture of your Banchi.

The 67-68 c-250 did have a scrub brake and in 69 it was replaced with a drum brake and renamed a Banchi. Here is the breakdowns and parts list.