Can you identify this minibike book?

Years ago I read a paperback book about a guy who moved to the family lakehouse in Texas (near Amarillo?) with his minibike and met a group of kids there. The story records the kid's friendship with a crazy motorcycle-riding older kid and :shrug:was either true or based on truth and reminded me so much of our younger year antics. I am certainly not sure, but it seems like the title was something like Summer at GreenLake, or something, but it could be anything...

Anyone got any clues to the title, author, etc of this old book?:shrug:

How about this?

Greenbelt : A Nostalgic Return to a Texas Childhood

Synopsis:

Jim Man writes, In 1972, being twelve was like a future unto itself. I was always in search of adventure around Greenbelt Lake, but the funny thing was that the adventures seemed to find me. The lake was a key which unlocked a treasure trove of events and characters that became permanently embedded in my soul. People like Dwight, who was picked up and carried three miles by a tornado and lived to tell about it. And Stevie Wander Johnson, a nine-year-old who, like a mirage, would appear from out of nowhere riding his mini-bike. The freedom we had at the lake fueled these adventures, but freedom is a privileged rope whose length is sometimes nebulous. And boy, did we stretch it!

Dang, HD, YOU are a GENIUS!!!! Thanks so much! I can track it down and get a few copies for some of my friends.

How about this?

Greenbelt : A Nostalgic Return to a Texas Childhood

Synopsis:

Jim Man writes, In 1972, being twelve was like a future unto itself. I was always in search of adventure around Greenbelt Lake, but the funny thing was that the adventures seemed to find me. The lake was a key which unlocked a treasure trove of events and characters that became permanently embedded in my soul. People like Dwight, who was picked up and carried three miles by a tornado and lived to tell about it. And Stevie Wander Johnson, a nine-year-old who, like a mirage, would appear from out of nowhere riding his mini-bike. The freedom we had at the lake fueled these adventures, but freedom is a privileged rope whose length is sometimes nebulous. And boy, did we stretch it!

Dang, HD, YOU are a GENIUS!!!! Thanks so much! I can track it down and get a few copies for some of my friends.
Glad we found it.

Couple of websites out there that have some good search parameters to locate books. I noted there were at least two used copies out there. Sounds like a good read.