<<<can't Decide>>>

Hmmm...... I really can't decide between a torque convertor or a clutch. My uses of this bike consist of some friendly races and leisurley rides through my neighborhood consisting of some but not many hills. Can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages to having a torque convertor or a clutch. I will also take suggestions on a good clutch or if I decide to go with a torque convertor (CVT) to buy.

-minibike

den35

A TAV is always the best preformer.Long lasting,durable and reasonably low maintenance.But they are much more expensive and more work to install than a centrifugal clutch.

For the uses you posted,I'd stick with the less expensive centrifugal clutch.I've had the best luck for the buck with Max-Torque.

I don't know the better performance and less maintence really gets me thinking about ditching the clutch going with the TAV I mean how hard can installation be........

After my catastophic wheelie crash, leaving me seriously injured, the idea of a tav scares the crap out of me lol! It's hard enough keeping the front end down as it is! If you go with the tav, I think you will have to be very careful when launching or it'll be flipsville for sure.:scooter:

Comet Industries calls the Continuoulsy Variable Transmissions that they maufacture Torque-A-Verters or TAVs for short.

The purpose of any transmission is to provide both better accleration and better top end.

At low rear-wheel RPMS the TAV will provide greater torque multiplication (generally more than without a TAV) which we increase the likelihood that the front wheel will lift off the ground to the point the minibike flips over.

With a clone and a TAV on a doodlebug you might to consider adding wheely bars or risk serious injury due to ending up in "flipsville"

hexhead