Carabela Anyone?

Picked this up at the local MC junkyard, first one I've ever saw. Found some info online, didn't know they made anything like this in Mexico! Anyone sell parts for these? Will probably sell it though, I got enough projects! Thanks for any info....

Looks like they're still in biz. I remember seeing something in a motorcycle magazine many years ago about them importing bikes to the US, but I guess it never took off.

CARABELA

Picked this up at the local MC junkyard, first one I've ever saw. Found some info online, didn't know they made anything like this in Mexico! Anyone sell parts for these? Will probably sell it though, I got enough projects! Thanks for any info....
Carabela made a real cool 125cc motocross bike in the early seventies as well, it resembled the Honda Elsinore, I remember seeing guys racing them at Saddleback and Escape Country. cool stuff

The thing looks well built and supposed to be Italian parts assembled in Mexico. Thanks for the web site, I didn't see that when I searched. Now all I need to do is learn Spanish......

I have a pocket bike identical to this one. I need the points and ignition coils for mine but am having a very hard time finding them:eek:ut:. I had it running for a while by getting some spring steel put on the points and strapping on a battery and coil. I've put on a few miles like that, but i would like to get it running right:scooter:. A very neat little bike.