Carb Kit

I want to buy a carb kit for my HM80 so that I have it on hand when/if I need it. Where is the best place to find a good quality kit? I just don't want to buy a cheap kit that the rubber will be hard or falling apart in no time. I would prefer a factory Tecumseh kit. Do they still make them?

And yes I am being a little lazy as I am still a little overwhelmed when I try to go through the parts list for these engines.

Thanks for the help.

Doug

I'd stick with OldMiniBikes on this. The problem is, even with name-brand kits, the manufacturing quality varies widely. I've done Stens, Tecumseh, Oregon and no-name with little difference among them.

I'd stick with OldMiniBikes on this. The problem is, even with name-brand kits, the manufacturing quality varies widely. I've done Stens, Tecumseh, Oregon and no-name with little difference among them.
OK. Where do I find the part number for the kit. I looked on a link Andy had posted about the carb linkage but it only gave piece by piece numbers and no kit numbers. These Tecs are being difficult for me to find a good information source for numbers so I order the right thing.

Thanks,

Doug

Edit. I looked on OldMiniBikes and see 4 kits. One says H25 - H70. So that leads me to ask the question, are these like a Holley where the bowl gasket fits them all and the needle & seat interchange and all the jets fit but just a different size?????

I dug a little deeper and cam up with the correct kit on OldMiniBikes. Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I dug a little deeper and cam up with the correct kit on OldMiniBikes. Thank you sir. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

How about sharing that information so that others can learn and benefit?
Michael

markus

Hey doug, out of curiosity is it a Walbro or Lauson carb on the the engine? I had a confusing situation with an HM80 that was off an Alsport trike of some sort. Unfortunately the id tag was MIA, but it was an early 70's engine. It had a Walbro on it, and when I was trying to figure out parts for it I kinda got the impression that they (Tecumseh) maybe discontinued use of the walbro and offered a Lauson as replacement, which I think meant an intake change as well.

Hey doug, out of curiosity is it a Walbro or Lauson carb on the the engine? I had a confusing situation with an HM80 that was off an Alsport trike of some sort. Unfortunately the id tag was MIA, but it was an early 70's engine. It had a Walbro on it, and when I was trying to figure out parts for it I kinda got the impression that they (Tecumseh) maybe discontinued use of the walbro and offered a Lauson as replacement, which I think meant an intake change as well.
I have no clue markus.I will have to look and see which one it is.

Doug