Carb overflowing

I finally got my motor all painted and mounted. The guy I bought it from said it ran great. I had to switch mag assemblies as the on that came on this mortor didnt have a lighting coil. I got the mag adjusted so now I have spark. I put some gas in the tank and started pulling then noticed a ton of gas shooting out a small pin hole in the top of the carb which Im assuming it an overflow. I loosened the screw in the bottom of the bowl and there is gas coming from there so I know its full. Any ideas why it would just come out of the overflow?

Also I put a little gas down the cylinder and pulled it over expecting the motor to fire but I got nothing...so Im guessing my timing is way off. Any help would be appreciated.

Sometimes on an engine thats been sitting dry, the float can stick and not shut off the fuel causing it to overflow. You can sometimes tap on the bottom of the fuel bowl and get the float to unstick. Otherwise, open up the carb and see if the float and needle and seat are good.

Also, don't pour gas directly into the cylinder, its not likely to run that way anyway and you damage the engine by hydro-locking it.

I finally got my motor all painted and mounted. The guy I bought it from said it ran great. I had to switch mag assemblies as the on that came on this mortor didnt have a lighting coil. I got the mag adjusted so now I have spark. I put some gas in the tank and started pulling then noticed a ton of gas shooting out a small pin hole in the top of the carb which Im assuming it an overflow. I loosened the screw in the bottom of the bowl and there is gas coming from there so I know its full. Any ideas why it would just come out of the overflow?

Also I put a little gas down the cylinder and pulled it over expecting the motor to fire but I got nothing...so Im guessing my timing is way off. Any help would be appreciated.
so what ever happened? i have the same problem. did this work? please help