Carbon Fiber?

Hey guys,
I am a newbe on here and would like to give back to the site and members as I have ask and received information rather quickly.
I am a composite / fiberglass / plastic fabricator for the Navy DOD aviation industry for 23yrs. I would be happy to answer or get answers about composites both structurally and cosmetically also price and where to acquire materials and related supplies. Just a reminder all of these products are expensive and dangerous to your health in their raw form. There are no such things a dumb questions in this field, so ask away.
Tim

Hey guys,
I am a newbe on here and would like to give back to the site and members as I have ask and received information rather quickly.
I am a composite / fiberglass / plastic fabricator for the Navy DOD aviation industry for 23yrs. I would be happy to answer or get answers about composites both structurally and cosmetically also price and where to acquire materials and related supplies. Just a reminder all of these products are expensive and dangerous to your health in their raw form. There are no such things a dumb questions in this field, so ask away.
Tim
OK Tim, I'll bite. Do you think it would be possible to build a minibike frame out of carbon fiber, and how much do you think it would cost?
I appreciate your input, you sound like you know a lot about the subject. I race a drag minibike and always looking to save some weight but keep strength.

Massacre,
The tooling and support equipment alone would very expensive, all structural carbon fiber is what is referred to as pre-preg laminates which require heat ( 150 to 350 F ) and vacuum along with high pressure ie autoclave, with that said other components could be made with wet lay-ups ie resin and fabric cured under vacuum to make seat pans, fenders, levers, engine covers. I hope this helps you have an idea of how the process works and I didn't get to technical. If you want more detail pm me and I will be glad to answer more questions.
Thanks for asking.
Tim

I would be interested in just a frame, maybe forks. What about a monocoque type chassis? Do you have any idea what a frame would weigh, roughly?