Carlisle, PA Spring Swap

Anyone else here???? My first time here and I'm overwhelmed already, it's a huge event. A LOT of mini bikes, dirt bikes, go carts. Mostly smaller bikes, the fat tire bikes that I saw were not for sale. Many DBs, bajas, mancos, some Bronccos, fox, even a skat kitty. Also a sperry rand tri cub that was spotless! Enjoy a few pics, and a few random vehicle pictures.

In this particular photo, the herters in the forefront was beautiful and seller was asking $2100. The power dyne cougar in the middle was in good shape and was going for 500. The lomart behind it was $450

jeep4me

Finally, someone from Michigan took some pictures!

Looks like a great time. Full of plenty of treasures.
$700 for that Skat Kitty!!?? Wow!

That Tricub looks pretty sweet. Not sure what's going on with that red fuel tank though... just doesn't fit with the rest which appears to be original. Even still has original balloon tires! If holding air, those tires alone add a couple of c-notes to the value.

$700 for that Skat Kitty!!?? Wow!
Hard to see from my screen, looks like $100 to me? Wowsers!!

Carlisle is a blast. Back when I used to live out east we would go to every spring, summer and fall show. We'd set up camp at the (now closed:sad:) Carlisle Campground, and the same friends would stay there. There were people from Boston, Canada and then us rowdy boys from Buffalo. Good times, lot's of good scores and tired feet from walking up and down that stupid hill by the car corral. I pulled quite a few bikes and parts out of there over the years :thumbsup:

Bought a few trinkets, nothing too expensive. A 1979 tecumseh master parts manual, a huge glass cookie jar, a couple 6x6 toys, and a toy that resembles the Coot Atv. The one 6x6 toy "Super Scrambler" has a working windup function too. How cool! Also a couple repop signs.

I didn't go. I'd just buy more junk I don't need when I'm trying so hard to clean house. Plus last year there was a killer 68 Camaro driver/project that I had trouble leaving without....[emoji51]

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I hear ya chad. The same guy at had the sperry rand Tricub had a Honda cub bike that I just about took with me. If he could have gotten it started I would be sitting on it in my living room right now writing this post lol. It was funny, he had some brochures for windber on his table too. I asked him about it and he said he and his buddy got it started. He said his name is Matt and he was a thin motorcycle type of guy. Any one know him?

He's a friend of Jeff. Usually sells bicycles and vintage helmets. Little bit of everything.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup: I would love to have that Tri-Cart! :drool:
I also noticed the yellow pedal trike next to the Tri-Cart. I had one very similar to it when I was a kid back in the 70's. Heck it may have been the same model. I had a couple different ones when I was a kid. They looked cool and were a lot of fun to ride. Do you know how much it was selling for? I'm curious as to what those old pedal trikes are worth now.

Shawn

Last edited: