Carlisle Tires

Trying to assemble a 6-inch azusalite wheel to a 6-inch carlisle knobby.
Having difficulty getting the tire on the wheel. Tried soap didn't help. Any suggestions? Recently did the same with a 5-inch wheel and had no problems....so I'm a bit stumped.

Screwdrivers

Trying to use screwdrivers but not using much force ...afraid of ruining wheels. Where is a good place to buy tire tools?

Neck

Growing up is optional
Well... you'll probably destroy the tire putting it on without splitting the rim! Am I/we missing something?!

george3

Like I said before its prob. tubeless. you whave to wipe a thin coat of grease or Vaseline on the wheel and bead of the tire. it prob still wont go on all the way till you air it up. be careful you don't pinch the tube when putting the wheel together its a pain when the bead don't set, it makes the tube squeeze together and it will want to go between the wheel halves. good luck. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mac

Like I said before its prob. tubeless.
....I was going by the "inside edge" as stated, but of course since George's bikes always need repair he's the one that's been there,done that, and realizes it's the raised inside bead seating location and not the inside edge. A Rose is a Rose is a Rose, and an edge is an edge.

....George's trick should do the trick.

Azusalite Wheels

After giving up on my wheels I came across a link for azusa tires. Ordered a 6-inch tire from Jack's and it arrived today. Wheel slid on the split rims without needing any grease or soap. Apparently the azusa tire is slightly different than the 6-inch carlisle. Height of tire is perfect for my ARCO. Everything lines up real nice. Can't wait to mount the new B&S engine and get it back up and running.

Lessen learned...use azusa tires with the azusalite wheels.