Cat Endura R4010 - (and the R is for Rare)

Saw this on Ebay and thought someone might be interested. Looks too cool!
Thanks Pat, it is cool. But no one should bid on this. It will cost a lot more to get it into rider condition than people think. So don't waste your time bidding on it. In fact, let's delete this thread. :pimp:

I restored it's little brother- the one without the plastic. But it was lighted. It wasn't cheap. ($4K) Also had to swap from the Cat99 system to a Comet 20, which necessitated cutting into the engine mount to fit it.

Hopefully, it will go to someone with the desire and wherewithal to do it justice, and not get parted out. It's already at $800 just to ante up with shipping. Might not be up to Derek's standards for "original," but with some clean up, it could be an excellent garage queen for a collection.

It's the most desirable bike I have seen in a few years on Ebay, but then I am partial to the Endura line.

I restored it's little brother- the one without the plastic. But it was lighted. It wasn't cheap. ($4K) Also had to swap from the Cat99 system to a Comet 20, which necessitated cutting into the engine mount to fit it.

Hopefully, it will go to someone with the desire and wherewithal to do it justice, and not get parted out. It's already at $800 just to ante up with shipping. Might not be up to Derek's standards for "original," but with some clean up, it could be an excellent garage queen for a collection.

It's the most desirable bike I have seen in a few years on Ebay, but then I am partial to the Endura line.
Unfortunately I know nothing about CAT bikes and have way too many projects sitting on my garage floor, but I hope that someone from this site can get this one and give it some love. Would love to see it in a projects log here.

Although Southfield, MI is only a 20 minute drive from me...LOL!

After some research, it appears someone was shilling the auction anyhow. The guy who "won" the bike actually is bidding on the guy's other items he has for sale.

capguncowboy

That's too bad. unfortunately, it's not the first time this seller has shill bidded his own items. I can recall quite a few times he's done that.

Hopefully, it'll end up with Derek, Joe or one of the other Cat guys eventually.

I know who won it and he is not shilling any ones auctions. Unfortunately I slept through my alarm. Fortunately I will get to see it on its way home.

I know who won it and he is not shilling any ones auctions. Unfortunately I slept through my alarm. Fortunately I will get to see it on its way home.
Awesome! Glad someone here got it. Hopefully we can all enjoy a good build thread on it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: