Cat Hustler Chopper

Jamie1972

I read what he went through to make the complete seat.....that's NOTS!
But it looks incredible! Maybe...just maybe one day I'll come across one:shrug:

I'm sure.....it's still fresh in your mind;-)
I pay well.......(Hint, Hint)
I could build another one. Note that the rake on that seat pan has to match the rake on the sissy bar for strength and looks. Then the seat pan, bar and seat mounts all have to be mounted as a unit into the frame.

That allows you to leeeaaaannnn waaay back and cruise without cracking the seat pan like the originals. That's why you don't see any original ones. Very weak construction material and mounting.

45t

Wow, awesome score! :thumbsup:

Keep busting Dave's balls until he gives up a seat mold or the actual seat off his bike to help you out. :devil2:

The sissy bar can be found (maybe not an actual cat sissy bar). I picked the one up for my duster off of eBay. I ended up getting a sissy bar off of an old Honda and doing some modifications to make it work. It's a good fix to complete the bike until someone starts repopping them.

Here is the sissy bar I picked up. It's 23" tall and if I remember right the original is 21" tall.

Jamie1972

I could build another one. Note that the rake on that seat pan has to match the rake on the sissy bar for strength and looks. Then the seat pan, bar and seat mounts all have to be mounted as a unit into the frame.

That allows you to leeeaaaannnn waaay back and cruise without cracking the seat pan like the originals. That's why you don't see any original ones. Very weak construction material and mounting.
Dos Spanky still make the tank "CAT" decal??

At $500 for bar, seat pan and seat, I'd probably be working for $3 per hour. Note that the sissy bar required $20 for the tubing. That isn't where the cost is. Chrome, glass fabrication, and getting a viable seat mounting system to work, then getting it upholstered are what cost. I have more than $500 in mine, because of my failed mold experiments.

The bar 45t has on his Duster is real close the right angle, but as he said, a tad too long. Something like that would work. Some pieces of 1/4" PVC foam epoxied to shape, then shaped with a rasp, sanded, then glassed, then machined inside would work, but would still be expensive. I don't like the PVC of any substrate in this design because it bulks up too quickly, and the foam provides almost zero strength, even impregnated with resin.

I'm never into the minibike scene for a profit. Just tossing out there what stuff costs an amature like me.