centrifugal clutch

Wayne S

How can I test a power clutch?

I rode the trike yesterday and it seemed like all was good and today there was no-go. it looked like the clutch was not pulling in and I don't have a service manual:censure:

wjustice

Maybe it is pulling in. That belt looks incredibly loose. It should be snug with maybe an inch of deflection. Either the engine is too close or thats the wrong belt.

Wayne S

One of the bad things about not living where they deal with snowmobiles on more than once a decade. It was the belt that came on the lady and the parts book I have list a Rupp #37277, but I don't know if that is the part number of the belt

I'll look at the engine though...had not considered it

Wayne S

The secondary clutch was frozen, so there was no tension on the belt. But while I had it apart down I went ahead and broke down the drive and polished it up as well.

There is 10.5" center to center and she pulls like she should...at least until she quit running. Almost like she ran out of gas, which consequently was where I was coming from when she quit. *sigh*

I have fire and enough compression to pull my rag into the carb, but I don't think I have any gas coming through the carb. Time to tear it apart...............again :doah: