Chain Gaurd

Here is what I've been doing for the past two nights. I very rarely work with sheet metal. It makes you appreciate someone that knows what there doing.

Someone on here keeps complaining about the price of vintage mini bike parts. I forget who, but that don't matter. This cover has eluded me for years and had one came available, I would have went completely overboard to buy it, $100-$200? I don't know?

But before bitching about the price people pay, try to make the part.
I have $6.00 in the steel and about 15 Hrs. labor. "I realize someone accustom to working with sheet metal could do it in no time at all" But if I counted my time I probably have $300 in it.

Thank You! I'm happy with it. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and I just found another one of my weaknesses. LOL....... I don't think I have that much time in the reconstruction of the entire bike. I watch the bike builders on TV and they pound out a tank or fender using a mallet. That blows my mind. When I hit sheet metal with a hammer, I need a new piece of sheet metal.

bandit 40

Well I think you did a great job:thumbsup:, that guard will serve its purpose and be a one of a kind, I think you have a hidden talent Randy...........

Nice job Randy....does it mount to the motor?:thumbsup:
Thank You!
Yes, it mounts to my tensioner I made. Heres a photo of it done. I painted it today and just put it on. I made a little bracket at the rear as well. I did not have that in my plan, but after I installed it the rear corner was just hanging there so I thought I better.

looking good i like the speed holes :thumbsup: Now you can say "That cover is worth $300 and i got it for $6" :smile:
LOL. It should do $50.00 on ebay. The speed holes took half of the time. But I figured there good for an extra 10-20 MPH..

Looks good.I can bend alot of stuff if you need but only straight. I have a break and shear at work. Her;s a piece of s/s I did for my super bronc.

Last edited:

Ratbike

Thank You!
Yes, it mounts to my tensioner I made. Heres a photo of it done. I painted it today and just put it on. I made a little bracket at the rear as well. I did not have that in my plan, but after I installed it the rear corner was just hanging there so I thought I better.

LOL. It should do $50.00 on ebay. The speed holes took half of the time. But I figured there good for an extra 10-20 MPH..
That REALLY turned out nice...may have to try it on my 2 in front 3 wheeler project!!:thumbsup:

Looks good.I can bend alot of stuff if you need but only straight. I have a break and shear at work. Her;s a piece of s/s I did for my super bronc.
Now yours looks good. That is nice. I can't weld Stainless or Aluminum. Just a reg. Mig..

Last edited:
Great job Randy, it turned out nice. When I did my chain guard, I was glad I got extra sheet steel at a metal distributor - my first few attempts were "just for practice"...

Thanks guy's. LOL. I do a lot of things "just for practice". I did one before, but I just curved a piece of steel and welded a "face" on it. It's respectable but I can appreciate this one more. It's for my Daughter so........ She's been getting on me wondering if I would have the bike done before she gets her license.:doah:

Oh' Randy!

Randy,

I saw it a few days ago. You did a fantastic job! I did one for my doodle bug and now I need to do another because the clutch is larger.

I am impressed with your GREAT WORK!! :thumbsup:

TT :eek:ut: