Cheap date. And engine opinion request.

I took my wife out last Friday. Me on my firehawk w/ tav and her on a friend's stock mini baja. Awhile ago She had been afraid to get on it in the woods on tight semi rocky trails. We spent an hour riding wide dirt roads before we were miles from the truck and a thunderstorm hit. She didn't miss a beat, we just turned around and headed back. Her only comment was "is it more slick wet or dry?" She enjoyed our time and it seems she is going to need a bike of her own. When I traded bikes with her she left me in the dust. it took some convincing to get it back from her. We both had a great time and I took some good pictures but they are on my camera for now.

I moved my engine question to the proper area.

Last edited:
Nice to hear,
The misses took my smallest on the gokart and I had William on the mini the other night nothing fancy just up and down the road a few times.
They make the best memories:thumbsup:

Awesome to hear!

Nice to hear,
The misses took my smallest on the gokart and I had William on the mini the other night nothing fancy just up and down the road a few times.
They make the best memories:thumbsup:
AMEN, for the last week my almost 13yo son (an avid gaming addict) has waited patiently for me to get home from work for his supervised riding of his new to him murray around the yard...

Saturday he stopped, shut the bike off, and asked "Hey dad, is there any modifications I can make to make it faster?"...

That's my boy!

FWIW, my main "hobby" is "playing" with forced induction Porsches.. using a normaly aspirated one for my daily driver to and from the day job as an automotive engineering consultant... for years my kids and wife could care less about the German autos often found in pieces or leaving marks around the house... but the minis and goKart have struck a chord in them that is returning divdends!

She who must be obeyed doesn't object in the slightest to me buying new parts for the new "toys" but I catch hell for even doing an oil change on one of the cars!

Last edited: