chrome sears mini 2 speed

Bought this chrome sears mini yesterday because it was in such nice shape. 5 horse tecumseh 2 speed jack shaft.Does anyone know about this bike? Was the chrome model a one year thing? It has a model number but it doesnt have a name plate- anyone know what it was called!! Thanks in advance, Mark

markus

I saw that bike a few months ago on ebay, Nice! I don't think the motor or at least the shrouding and tank are original to the bike. They were actually badged craftsman on them where the id plate is and they just had the simple "4hp" "5hp" waterslide decal on the shroud.

Mine is earlier than yours, I don't have the cool filled in area on the forks like your does.

there was a later non chrome SR listed on ebay about the same time that chrome one you bought was on there. It had the correct motor on it. I stole this pic from that auction as this decal is in better shape than mine in case I try and reproduce the decal:

does yours still have a union decal on it anywhere? mines located on the underside of the forks:

Last edited:

Mac

I'd like to find a chrome Roper, so I could get my orange Roper two-speed unit
chromed for it. I haven't seen a chrome frame in quite some time:

I'd like to find a chrome Roper, so I could get my orange Roper two-speed unit
chromed for it. I haven't seen a chrome frame in quite some time:
There is a really nice looking pretty complete bike for 200 in Michigan on Craigslist... Lotta good that does ya.. :lol:

Are you sure you're looking for the brake "drum" ?

That brake drum is a 2½" band brake drum.

OK......Everybody All together now < pause >

MAC has 'em !!!!!

...OK.....Now what is it you REALLY need.

Out of respect to 66l78rat, I won't post in his thread. I have posted a link to the thread I started.http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/35388-jackshaft-brakes.html

:drool::drool::drool: I think thats what I want. Do you have the bands?

I was going to try and mount a brake drum onto a 5/8" jackshaft. I need to put some brakes on my Trail horse.

Mark,

My dad tells me about this Bike, like everyday.... When can I see your collection in person? Maybe I can have the honor of trying out this and one of the Screamers!

Maybe we will head over in my 67 and check out the cars too!

Did my Dad tell you about us going to Ubly Drag way for 1/8th mile runs on the mini bikes?
With my huge butt it did almost 38 in the 1/8th on that Arctic Climber. With a buddies 10 year old at 100 lbs he turned a 44mph pass with it - LOL Now that is on my Governed stock Honda GC160 5hp. I changed out the rear and front sprockets and did not lose any low end really with the TAV setup. It is a good running/riding little bike.

Was fun. I wish I had my other bike going with a modded Briggs Flathead 5hp

I had one of those chrome Sears minibikes.

Here is a picture of me riding it the first day I got it: Christmas Day 1969

I wish I still had it. For the life of me, I can't remember what happened to it.

markus

Here is a picture of me riding it the first day I got it: Christmas Day 1969

I wish I still had it. For the life of me, I can't remember what happened to it.
That is a killer picture! I have got to forward it to the collector that bought mine earlier this year that I redid. I should have kept that bike:

I will sell the bike as a complete roller minus engine for $400. 2 speed cltch setup with chains included!! Last chance or she gets mounted to my mini bike laboratory wall & becomes wall art. This is a cool, nice, original mini bike!!