cl find

Never seen anyone talk about a B & S 7 hp engine.......are they worth having and are parts available.......this one is cheap and am thinking about obtaining it....i just like the looks of the older models.........this one needs throttle stuff so i want to be sure i can find the parts...........

OH jesus girl those things are everywhere.. it's just (the other) briggs 8 horse..

Bore and stroke is different from an 8 horse, nothing else is different by a fraction.. :laugh:

& horse has a 45 degree angled rod cap, so should technically be a much stronger connection than the 8 horse.. :shrug:

I've got about 15 of those carbs because the other 800 I had just got in the damned way, so they got scrapped.. :laugh:

I have any carb piece you could ever need for that thing..

Umm..you've heard me talk about them from a six HP point of view. LOL, the 7's are actually more rare than the six or eights.

But they are basically the same engine. I have the six on my Tote Gote, and that's the one I've been bitching about there. (Carb) And while there may be a million flow jet carbs out there, try finding one without stripped emulsion tube threads, or a stripped bottom bolt. :)

And if you DO find it, please send it to me. I have two of those carbs and both are bitches.

For example, if you do get a bottoming tap into the emulsion tube hole, don't nick that bit of brass at the bottom, because that angled piece has to seal against the emulsion tube. And do get a new tube, because the last guy took the carb apart and bent it because he didn't remove it first, because it was corroded and stuck, and that's why those threads are dicked in the first place.

Throttle parts are not a problem, and if using on a tote gote, you don't need much of it because you'll get rid of the gov. Yes, I have an intimate relationship with this whole subject. I even have a seven with a bad crank, bad rod, and bad block. :laugh:

well then kid..........i may have to buy this thing....he said it had been gone thru ,,,whatever that means ....i am in sooooooo much trouble........:doah:

thanks for your input........boom..........still pondering it.........was thinking maybe i outta just talk the KID out of one of his.........:rolleyes:

Umm..you've heard me talk about them from a six HP point of view. LOL, the 7's are actually more rare than the six or eights.
:
NOOooo hell they made millions of 7 horses.. About like briggs 4 and 5 horse.. or tec H50 and H60.. :shrug:

thanks for your input........boom..........still pondering it.........was thinking maybe i outta just talk the KID out of one of his.........:rolleyes:
You can have one if ya need one, I don't need em..

Very desirable for a tote gote. All the tin, valve train and carb are interchangeable with your 6hp. Don't throw any of these parts away. Just make sure the shaft is what you need.