clone question

i got a uni airfilter and adapter from agk and installed them then i started my engine and i can hear the valves more then when i cover up the little black hose with my finger i cant hear them what does this mean should i juss leave it like that is it ok if the lil black hose is just coming out of the valve cover

Last edited:
it would be best to run some type of filter on the hose instead of just leaving it open. with the hose open, it's not surprising that you can hear more noise.

That hose comes out of the Valve Cover on the motor so im sure if all you did is install a filter and adapter the noise your hearing is just motor finally being able to breathe properly, the stock air box and exhaust are very restrictive. Removing the governor, putting on a filter, a header and re-jetting your carb will bring you around 9HP, thats almost a %30 increase in power and still leaves your motor really reliable. So don't worry about the noise if you haven't touched anything but Kruger is right make sure that tube can breathe.
Nick